PDA

View Full Version : Going for broke (350x)

teamboaty
02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Im about to bite the bullet and buy my buddies 85 350x. Ive had 3 wheelers for 25 years and Ive had 4 350x's in the past but the price only goes up on these damm things. He's firm on $2300 and dont get me wrong its a very nice machine. Am I crazy for spending that kinda coin? I dont have any pictures to post YET, but after Saturday Im hoping to. I know that he paid $2350 when he bought it last year and its been rode twice since he bought it. It just sits as does all his other nice toys. Ive seen them go for more than this on Ebay so I know theres other crazy people out there that spend this kinda cash but it doesnt seem the prices are up there right now. Either way, all I have right now are my 85 and 86 nigred 250es's and although they are very nice and fun toys, I cant have the fun on them that I can on an X. I know he wouldnt screw me over on anything and if Im going to spend big bucks I think Id rather buy from someone I can trust. Any thoughts??? If all goes well, I will post pics Saturday night. ITS DEFINATELY NOT A PERFECT MACHINE BY ANY MEANS, but I feel its in pretty SOLID condition.

belly
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
well, if you know it's a solid runner then it's up to you. I just rebuilt an 85' for my buddy from the frame up. it started off as a rolling chassis. about $2000 later in parts and it's basically a new machine. Personally, i would build my own to know it's been done right from someone that i didn't know. From a friend and you know the history of the bike, i might drop the cash on one. i'm 50/50 on it.

teamboaty
02-12-2013, 09:14 PM
I hear ya. Been a best friend for 30 years.