PDA

View Full Version : Really stumped with front wheel/tire options for the 200M..suggestions??

dougspcs
02-12-2013, 05:49 PM
So I got this great little 200M over the summer for a couple hundred..

Tank/carb were full of sludge after sitting for 19 year, I dealt with that and it runs great.

Tires were rotted out from under it and needed replacement..

I got a couple new rims and tires installed for the rear and they're great..

Not OEM size (25x12x9), I went a different way and installed this pair of 22x11x8 on alloy rims I scored from Ebay for $80. They were a dealer dump because they were installed for an order that got cancelled and they couldn't restock as new. The rims were 3/90...never even heard of that size, but I templated and drilled them to the 4/150 to fit the trike and shazam!!

Now the front is the problem..the damn oddball 4/150 hub is killing my selection of alternate rims and tire combos.

Has anyone else played with this setup and found something alternate? I really want to find a way to open up choices of rims but there just aren't any for this hub. I'm stumped..

4/150 to 4/110 spacer would be brilliant, but it doesn't exsist. Anyone that can fab one up for a reasonable price would have a friend for life!

PS. Front end swap is a little over the top, the simpler the solution the better.

honda4h
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
nice 200m i bought one 2 years ago very nice shape. for 100 bucks oem tires on it and all. tires like new but rotted speedo had 56km on it and it still worked. the sad parts i sold it to a local kid for a nice $1200 bucks. and it was busted up in the first 6 months. a shame. the kid made a spacer to convert 150 to 200x size wheel at high school on and did i grate job even the wheel was bang on center

dougspcs
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
nice 200m i bought one 2 years ago very nice shape. for 100 bucks oem tires on it and all. tires like new but rotted speedo had 56km on it and it still worked. the sad parts i sold it to a local kid for a nice $1200 bucks. and it was busted up in the first 6 months. a shame. the kid made a spacer to convert 150 to 200x size wheel at high school on and did i grate job even the wheel was bang on center

isn't that a shame, I can't say I haven't sold a machine or two and thought..'that thing is doomed' as it drove away.

see if that adapter and front wheel is still around..I'd pay decent money for it and arrange to ship.

honda4h
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
the kid still uses it on the bike. he is learning don't brake the bike or he is buying parts from me. and im the only guy around my town with lots of parts.