PDA

View Full Version : 200X Picture request please!!!

Dirtcrasher
12-11-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm finally mounting the 200X triples onto the 250SX frame.

The 200X has a steel stop welded to the front headset tube on the frame (or at least I think it does!!) Now I can fudge it if I have to but I'd like to see the factory stop so I can duplicate it and weld it on mine. I'm not sure if you have to take of your headlight for me to see it - maybe even a side picture will show me the approx. length, curve, height and thickness. BUt please post a pciture if you've got a 200X and an easy digital camera to deal with.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!

gasoline and whiskey
12-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Hey Dirtcrasher I took a couple of pics for you,
this is both sides of my 85 200x, if this does not give you what you need
let me know I would be glad to take another shot or a measurement.
Good luck with the project!
-Sean

PS the file named right side closeup is actually the left!

Dirtcrasher
12-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey thank you!! That was mighty nice of ya!!

I'm gonna download those pics and lighten them up on my photo software and I'll probably be able to get an idea from them.

I gotta go outside and get my triples and see whats up - I wonder what year my triples are? Were all the 200X triples and frames the same except for the boxed type 86 and 87 frame?? Hmm so many questions!!! AAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!

Thanks again! Muchas Gracias Amigo!

Dirtcrasher
12-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Ok - Here is my lower 200X triple clamp and one heck of a crude arse dring as to what I "thought" the stops would need to resemble.

Blue being the frame headset - Red being the 200X triples with the stock steering stop.

I have to examine yours a bit but I need to lighten them first. Looks different though??

THANKS!!!

200x Basket
12-11-2003, 06:33 PM
that would work. just weld two beefy stops jsut before the triple hits the tank or other interference.

Dirtcrasher
12-11-2003, 06:48 PM
that would work. just weld two beefy stops jsut before the triple hits the tank or other interference.

I think I get it - That thing I must see in Gas/whiskey pics must allow that stop to go UP and INSIDE it!! Thats got to be it.

Hmmm.... Who's got a junk 200X frane they can chop the neck off?? Id rather do it the OEM way if I can grab a neck for for next to nothing.

Again thanks guys!

gasoline and whiskey
12-11-2003, 07:27 PM
yep thats it!
the little "foot" at the front of the headtube is hollow underneath and the
"tab" on the lower triple clamp rides along inside the groove.
finding a junk frame to borrow from would be great...
I wonder how tough it would be to recreate this piece and weld it to your
frame?
any how good luck with the forks, let us know how it rides with the new front end!

Dirtcrasher
12-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey gas! I just brightened up some of your pictures on my photo program and noticed something. Your 200X is very nice! Did you rebuild or it get it like that? I like the color of that frame - THX again.

gasoline and whiskey
12-13-2003, 06:44 PM
thanks Dirtcrasher!
this is my first project atc and I have done all the work myself.
when I got the 200x it was in rough shape, It ran but had a stripped out kickstarter, bad clutch,etc. I started to just fix a few things here and there
and before I knew it I had the thing down to the frame! I bored it, put in a wiseco 10.25 to 1, painted the frame, polished the case, and added the pipe. I am picking out a cam and carb now. I plan on adjusting the rear tire size and gearing as well.

I am interested in hearing how yours handles with the front end swap, it sounds like a cool setup to me!

mudduck14843
12-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Is that a old school dg muffler, or is it new?I have had mine for about a year(I just installed it about 3 short rides ago.)and it looks different...
Mine is a square design with a blue dg metal sticker like emblem on the side.

Yamaha_Rules69
12-13-2003, 07:53 PM
That is one of the nicest 200x's I have ever seen! I love the color. Lots of chrome too! )