PDA

View Full Version : Need help to make seat fit better.

samster143
12-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Is there a way to make my seat fit better where it meets the fuel tank. It has new rubber mounts except for the discontinued square ones that go on the frame, but those seem to be in ok condition. The seat seems in good condition and really does'nt seem to be bent. I tried to turn the plastic upside down on the floor and bend the seat but no success. Is there a way to fix this. Any input appreciated.

Mobular
12-11-2003, 01:16 PM
I've fixed this sort of a problem before. It involves tearing the seat down to just the plastic pan. Once you've done this, take a small torch and heat up the suspected "bent" area(usually right at the molded bend and 2-3 inches up from there). You must do a large area, spot heating will not work. Heat slowly and gradually otherwise you'll have a molten mess on your hands. Once the spot is warm, press, or bend back the pan and hold until it's cooled. Repeat until the pan is correct. The 200X pan that I repaired took an hour to do, but you cant tell any longer that it was almost 2 inches off of the tank!

samster143
12-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks, I really don't want to take the cover off. Is there any other way?

Mobular
12-11-2003, 09:13 PM
The reason the pan is malformed is because the seat material has been pulling on it for years now. It must be disassembled to rectify the problem.

samster143
12-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks, I really don't want to take the cover off. Is there any other way?

Aaron2003
12-11-2003, 11:17 PM
BUY A NEW SEAT