PDA

View Full Version : My 350x rebuild

3Wheelermaniac3
02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I bought my 1985 350x about 5 years ago and got it running. The engine was seized and had only a seat and headlight plastic. I threw in a 12:1 piston new DG head pipe with silencer new plastics from maier and went riding. It ran a good while until disaster struck and dropped a valve. Immediately I bought a new cylinder got it bored and dropped another 12:1 piston in it. Then she sat awaiting to be put back together for 4 years. Here recently I have been slowly putting her back together. As soon as I can get to a computer I will post pics. Don't bash me just yet.

Yamaha_Rules69
02-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Are you going to run heavy duty valve springs and titanium retainers? It may be a good decision, as the old springs get worn out over time. Another plus to that is if you want to install an aftermarket cam later down the road, you will be all ready to go, and wont have to pull the head, only the rocker cover. Im sure you will enjoy it when you get it back up and running. Good luck!

3Wheelermaniac3
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Yea I'm going to run the complete Megacycle setup. And a 1mm over 10.25:1 piston.