PDA

View Full Version : Carby Problem

atcmatt
12-10-2003, 04:51 AM
I just got my bigred back from the mechanics and it is running, just not that good. The idel speed is eratic and it sometimes just cuts out for no reason.
What could this be? (The carb is clean, it was done just a day ago)
Also the idel screw is almost all the way in and its idle speed is a bit slow, I cant make it any faster by that so I tried lifting the cable higer using that gold thing on the carb cap and it did nothing also.
What can i do???

Thanks alot

jeswinehart
12-10-2003, 06:16 AM
hi matt.
if you e-mail me at jeswinehart@hotmail.com i'll send you manual info about your carb and related trouble shooting info.
is the boot connecting the carb to the motor in good shape ( no cracks )
air cleaner good ? ,,, another simple problem that cause's big headaches is the muffler ,,,, it ain't plugged up is it ? might want to check that too.

john

Psyonyde
12-10-2003, 08:49 AM
Hey Jes do you know if that manual would help me with my carb problems on my 200e, or would the 200es carb be different?
thanks

atcmatt
12-10-2003, 06:53 PM
John,
Thanks for the offer but I have the manual already. I just cant figure out what is wrong with it.............today iu tried to fire it up and it wouldent even start.

The boot is in good condition and the exaust cant be plugged cause I put the sapre one on and tried that also.

Thanks

short4stuff
12-10-2003, 07:17 PM
try the fuel/air mixture screw

jeswinehart
12-10-2003, 07:36 PM
hmmm,,, i don't know matt. whats up with a " mechanic " sending it home with you running so poorly anyway ,,, ?
i reckon i'd probbly start from scratch if it was mine to do. ya know,,, double check the timing , go on to the valves and make sure thier where they need to be,,, double check the carb settings ,,, stick a new plug in it and see what happens.
i wouldn't even try to start it untill i went from top to bottom given the fits it's give you already ,,,,
keep us posted matt ( + good luck )

Psyonyde, according to my clymers manual all the 200 series carbs are the same ( except for jet size and a few other details ) .
what troubles you having or what info are you wanting ??? personel message me with that info and your e-mail address and i'll help where i can ( but don't want to hog up matts post ).

john

atcmatt
12-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks John,

I should really get new valves in it. They make a ticking noise when shes idling. The thing is it was running good when i took it home from the mechanics but now (two days later) it running bad again. Maybe i should call em up and give em a piece of my mind.

Hmmmm, Im gunna go get a spare plugfrom my mate across the road ill chuck it in and see how it goes.

renotrikeguy
12-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey Matt,

If you come to the States I will let you borrow my 250es.. How long has your carby been screwing up? Anyone around there have a extra carb you can try? Just might have a worn out carb. (could it be possible?)

renotrikeguy
12-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Just a quick question I thought of today while working on the 81 "R".. Are you using a fuel filter? Might be something in your tank getting into the carb?

atcmatt
12-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeah thats a good idea.......I really should get a fuel filter for it.

Good stuff Chris!