PDA

View Full Version : Atc 70 Chain tensioner coming loose

bannedbrraap
01-27-2013, 11:54 AM
I have a 70 that i set up for ice riding, studded tires, brand new lifan 140cc. My chain tensioner keeps dropping and the chain gets loose. I tighten this thing as tight as humanly possible without stripping the threads, but i get about 4 laps around the pond and its loose again.....this thing hooks up really good with the MF44 studs so im thinking its the torque of the engine pulling it down....anyone ever had this happen? The nuts on the tensioner dont come loose it just pulls the tensioner down. I dont want to weld the tensioner in place, but thats all i can think of doing at this point

hoosierlogger
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
What about threading nuts and bolts into the rest of the hole to give it extra grip and less room to slip.

bannedbrraap
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah that might work, or maybe i will drill an extra hole right through the tensioner plate, near the slotted hole, and bolt it, then it cant move....think its time to go to the garage

Hair Bear Bunch
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Are your axle bearings good? A little bit of play in those can cause the chain to snatch and move the tensioner.

roostin atc
01-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Powdecoated frame? I had the same thing happen to me with my 150. I used grip tape on both plates that sandwich the frame. Problem solved.

bannedbrraap
01-27-2013, 08:11 PM
The frame on this one isn't powdercoated. There was enough room to get a bolt through the bottom of the slotted section. Rode all afternoon on the ice and no problems....the grip tape idea is pretty slick. Rear bearings are new...no play