PDA

View Full Version : 200x engine build ideas

hillbilly 200x
01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Hi guys, I had sold my 350x witch was my main rider a few weeks ago. Now I'm left with my poor 200x and my slow sx. I have been toying around with the idea of a electric 200x I already had the 200m in the 200x frame. I have a 200m and extra set of 200xr cases and 200x transmission parts. I was thinking that I could take the hole left side of the 200m engine and the right side of the xr and combined them together . I know I would have to get the cranks split and Frankenstein the 2 half together in order to make it work. I would think that the transmission would be some what the same other then the shift drum and linkage for the clutch. I have all the time in the world to do this so It wouldn't be done over night the bike is in a state of disrepair again. Any one ever go down this road before, or have any input

Thanks Aaron

oscarmayer
01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
the are not gogin to completey match up and the cases are not completey going to fit. your best bet is to use stay with the M and do some performance upgrades to it. if you had a running 200x engine then you could use the xr200 centers with gearing and have a 6-speed and able to stull use the 200x parts. but that's the best you could so. but maing a kicker+ estart is not goign to work out the cases inside and out just do not match up parts wise.

I have 10 different cinhese engines we use for racing on my son's racing ATV. we use the parts fromt he 50cc- the 125cc engines. to make the engine run how we want, buut one thing I learned, if it did not come from the factrory set to do both electric and kick start, you cannot maek it that way. the isndie of the cases are case differently to hold different parts and differenerd sized gears and bearing ends for the gear sets. remember these are more available sets and parts that are easly to interchange typically. so if It's not posible with 10 different motors, then you may consider not possible on the Honda units either. if you want E-start, stay with the M and jsut get you a wiseco 12:1 piston, web cam, get the rockers hardened, and then call endyn (www.theoldone.com) and tell them mike sent ya. for around $200-$250 or so + you provide the parts, they can do a full CNC valve job and do some porting work that will really wake up that top end. Then you will need a bigger exxhaust and carb and your set!

you can figure around $850-$1100 to do the engine up right with new clutch packs and full rebuild, but I swear when done, she'll run like a raped ape!

2fiftyR
01-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Buy a Lifan 200cc engine and be done for another 10-15 years. Last time I checked you could get a new engine for $350. Electic start and a direct bolt in. I purchased one for my 85 and loved it. This way you dont have to mix and match parts and hope it works,just open the box and bolt it in......

hillbilly 200x
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys I have been thinking about this and doing some research on this for about a year now. This is just a can I do it project I have the shop I have the tools, I have the drive and a lot of extra time now that I'm running the small engine repair shop that I worked for all through out high school. I am a tryed and tru honda man I don't want them junk over seas engines, some like them some point. It's just my .02. If I can get the bottom end to work then I will go ahead and spend some time on the top end. VW valves, bigger cam, bigger carb/ intank, new rockers and new cam chain, sprockets, and guilds. I have already built a pretty fast 202cc 200x that has been converted to a 6speed super trap exhaust, 30mm carb, ported by one of honda's best race techs she pulled pretty good keep up with a 400ex in the woods. I started to striped the 200m today found nothing wrong other then worn rings and a few leaky seals. I did some research and found that the gaskets for the crank case are the same for the 200m as they are for the 200m and the gasket for the right side case is the same if need be I have a set of cases from an xr witch should work for the right side of the engine. The shifter shaft on the 200m is about 3/4'' longer then the x so I will have to see if one from an x will work if not I will have to get the 200m turned down to size. I'm not going to run a kick start, I'm tires of sloppy kicker, and worn springs, so That will leave me to use the out side case from an xr witch I would have to then get the welded to sealed up because there will no longer be a kick start shaft.