PDA

View Full Version : banshee swinger on tri z?

pcs
01-25-2013, 12:08 AM
so ive been searching on the forum but cant seem to find a definitive answer. i want to switch my tri z to a round carrier that uses a 35mm axle and go with a +4 size. the reason im thinking of a banshee swap is bc i find + size banshee swingers with carriers easily for about 1/2 of what i can get one made for without the carrier.
so what i found is that the swing arm bolts are the same so im assuming the front width of about are the same. the difference is that its a solid tube on the banshee and on the triz the center is cut out for the motor. so i was wondering if i could get a banshee swinger with a round carrier, slide my axle in, and cut the center section to clear the motor and either bolt up my link and shock or the banshee link. for the rear shock i might use a lt500r, they swap with a banshee shock but have a remote resi like the the tri z and since i found that banshee shocks fit the z but dont clear the tank i figure it should work. the spring on the zilla is stiffer so i hope it would make up for the already too soft rear shock on the triz.
any inputs or suggestions on how this may or may not work. im trying to stay away from chopping up my swinger since its in really good shape and maybe someone here could have use for it.

Bryan Raffa
01-25-2013, 12:44 AM
cut the two in half and weld em together... deepa now own's that swingarm.. been there done that!