PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing and three wheeling on the agenda for this weekend..

dougspcs
01-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Well the last week has been bitterly cold, the local ice is starting to look good for ice-fishing.

Guys are yakking up the local BB about Lake St Clair getting better by the day..they were out walking on it yesterday, but the weekend it will be solid and safe...

SOOO, my daughter and I have a plan to take off for some father-daughter time..

Load the trailer with a couple trikes, sled, fishing gear..I can't wait!!

This could be a good opportunity to get the new '87 SX out since it will have the cold start update on the carb, unlike my '85 which hasn't been done yet...

If anyone in SW Ontario feels like making the drive to Mitchell's Bay we'd love to hear from you..

Pics to follow as always!!

userj8670
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Doug - you shouldnt need a cold start update on your 87 carb - just the '85's. I know because i have both years and the 87 carb is 100% orig and works great.

dougspcs
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
I mis-spoke..what I meant was it had the updated carb already in it..

So it doesn't have the same cold start issues as my 85..I haven't done the carb fix yet that was built into the 86-87 model

Jason125m
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Sounds like a good time, i'll be out on my lake. Doing some riding, and some ice fishing. Have a good one man...

BeersBuds&Mud
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Hell ya! Let me know how u do! Maybe we can plan something next weekend! Couple more days of this cold weather the canals on the island will be good and hard for our trikes!! I'm always going to mitchells bay in search of the perch, hopefully the ice stays out of the river so I can take the Whop ferry acrossed!! I hate driving around!!lol

Oh ya, try to start the 350x two days ago! Lol was not happening! I'll have to ride my damn quad!!

dougspcs
01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Hell ya! Let me know how u do! Maybe we can plan something next weekend! Couple more days of this cold weather the canals on the island will be good and hard for our trikes!! I'm always going to mitchells bay in search of the perch, hopefully the ice stays out of the river so I can take the Whop ferry acrossed!! I hate driving around!!lol

Oh ya, try to start the 350x two days ago! Lol was not happening! I'll have to ride my damn quad!!

Funny I was thinking of you when I created this Cord..I should have PMed. Of course you're welcome to come over..

Get it while you can, the next big thaw is coming again next week...I'm confident the bay will be solid enough for trikes by the weekend!!

Funny you meantion your 350x..I jumped on mine too the other day. I got a big FU from it also..damned cold blooded bltches!!

So instead I pushed it into the shop and popped the side cover..got a brand new OEM clutch half installed before finding a couple minor issues caused by PO clutch work 15 years ago. So there it sits..BikeBandit is sending my parts and hope to have it back together next week.

Hope to see you on the ice!!

Jason125m
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Damn guys,,,, my 350x and 250r will both start one kick in this weather?? Its the sx that is the problem. ( Damn 85 )

Get them running !

dougspcs
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Damn guys,,,, my 350x and 250r will both start one kick in this weather?? Its the sx that is the problem. ( Damn 85 )

Get them running !

I don't think I get out as much as you Jason..the last time my 350x was ridden was October.

Gas starts to lose it's octane pretty quick when sitting..I should start dumping the tank when I park my machines and putting it in fresh everytime I ride.

With 7 machines and as infrequently as I ride I'm sure there are more of my rides sitting there that will give me a hard time when next I try..

Your's barely get cold before you're off again..!!

Jason125m
01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Last time I ran my 350x was august, the 250r has been my main ride. I drained the gas and she started right up! Gas these days just does not last as long as it used to. I run 94 in all my trikes for the less ethanol, but it still lasts for sh!t

D-dub
01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
I haven't had the wheeler on the lake yet but I have done some fishing!

beets442
01-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Got these the last couple days
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/beets442/photo3_zps95c554d1.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/beets442/photo2_zps7e0e8d53.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/beets442/photo1_zps95413974.jpg

Which made this

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/beets442/IMG_4117_zpsb915b178.jpg

WIkid500
01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Good luck fishin!

D-dub
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Beets, R them Crappies?

BeersBuds&Mud
01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=dougspcs;1190164]Funny I was thinking of you when I created this Cord..I should have PMed. Of course you're welcome to come over..

Get it while you can, the next big thaw is coming again next week...I'm confident the bay will be solid enough for trikes by the weekend!!

Funny you meantion your 350x..I jumped on mine too the other day. I got a big FU from it also..damned cold blooded bltches!!

So instead I pushed it into the shop and popped the side cover..got a brand new OEM clutch half installed before finding a couple minor issues caused by PO clutch work 15 years ago. So there it sits..BikeBandit is sending my parts and hope to have it back together next week.

Hope to see you on the ice!![/QUOTE\]

Ya I wanted to go out there on Saturday with u!!
But I just got home from work and the wife tells me we r going to South Carolina to see my sister!! So now we are driving down there right now.lol I'm down for a ride trip:beer

About the 350x, I when out to the barn before I left with a tarp and the mr.Buddy heater 10 mins later she fired right up!!

I hope u and your daughter hammer'em
Be safe out there buddy!!;)

beets442
01-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Beets, R them Crappies?

Yes they are, I cooked few blue gills in there too.
The bite was on last week and has slowed with the freeze.

Kintore
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
I hear ya guys! My 85 BR Im going out to the unheated garage and starting it everyday right now. Letting it high idle and working it around a bit.

Starting it everyday seems to help, hasnt failed me yet (crosses fingers)

Its a commitment that sucks to do, but when its your only source of plowing and your last line of defence from the dreaded "manual" shovel its worth it LOL!

WIkid500
01-25-2013, 07:02 PM
I hear ya guys! My 85 BR Im going out to the unheated garage and starting it everyday right now. Letting it high idle and working it around a bit.

Starting it everyday seems to help, hasnt failed me yet (crosses fingers)

Its a commitment that sucks to do, but when its your only source of plowing and your last line of defence from the dreaded "manual" shovel its worth it LOL!

That's the one thing I like about my Yammi. No Matter how cold it is that thing's always a one or two pull to running machine. She isn't a speed demon but she's reliable! The X on the other hand... Might as well start the Yammi and drag start the Honda lol.

BeersBuds&Mud
01-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Did u caught any fish bud?!?

dougspcs
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Did u caught any fish bud?!?

Actually my daughter sprung it on me last night see wanted to attend an old-timers hockey game with her friends today..

Since there are still a fair number of reports of quads/sleds going into the bay. Though mostly morons that can't read ice and venture into current passages or deep water areas that haven't thickened up!

The weather forcast is kick-ass for Sunday and it gave the ice one more day to firm up, I didn't complain..

Tomorrow is a go..trikes are all ready, my drag sled is all loaded with gear. Can't wait..I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

dougspcs
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Well I went ice-fishing today with my daughter..we went a couple miles out into Lake St Clair and joined a large group of ice-fishers.

The fishing was terrible..

My Big Red was the only machine we took..my daughter didn't much like the idea of operating a machine on the ice. So she rode out on the sled..

Trikes and your kids..what a great combination..we had a great day together and got take out on the way home!!!

WIkid500
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a great time. Always good to get outside during the winter months!