PDA

View Full Version : This is nuts...ebay

BigRedRunner
12-09-2003, 09:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43981&item=2446733163

Look at the price that thing's going for! :shock: I can buy a brand spankin's new honda jug and piston for $189.50. For about $45 more, could even get rings, wrist pin, and clips. I feel pretty clever because I bought a chrome headlight guard for $5 on there, and a few days later one went for $50. My auction had a poor quality picture, so I took a chance. Ebay can be crazy. :D

ATCMedic
12-10-2003, 11:23 AM
I'm shocked......it's only a stock cylinder and piston... Just goes to show you the power of bidding wars on there, great for sellers bad news for buyers........I always steer clear of them but some people just HAVE to win I guess. You should always do your homework on prices before bidding on anything. There are some great deals on ebay, but also some great ripoffs for those caught unprepared. Just my $.02

Dirtcrasher
12-10-2003, 11:42 AM
EBAY is unbelievable and I actually feel bad at how much the price reaches as I start at 9.99$ and it is out of my hands from there. What do you do when you describe parts as well as you can and noone asks a question - but then it gets alot more than what you felt it was worth??

250SX used MAIER rear fender got 115$
250SX front tire and rim with front brake got 125$
Rear tires #1 none of you wanted for 40$ got 125$
Rear tires #2 none of you wanted for 50$ got 70$

All started at 9.99$ but people drive up the bids.

I can't sell SX front tires for 30$ on rims and the front brakes don't even get 20$ or even sell for that matter. Put them together end voila 125$ Go figure??????????