PDA

View Full Version : removing sproket?

vartiak15
12-09-2003, 07:10 PM
i have a 85 200x and i got the axle out and i need to no how to get off the thing infrunt of the sproket so i can get the sproket off. Not the thing that is fixed onto axle the thing that holds the lil studs. HELP PLEASE!!!!

vartiak15
12-09-2003, 08:23 PM
anyone?

BigRedRunner
12-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Its simply held on by a big clip that keeps it from walking off. I can't think of the name of the clip at the moment. It uses a tool that looks like needle nose pliers that you stick in and when you squeeze, the jaws spread apart and open the clip.

SoCalDesertRider
12-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Yup, what he said. I think its called a Circlip. The tool is loosly called snap ring pliers. You can get em pretty cheap at the auto parts store, give em a try, they usually work pretty good.

vartiak15
12-09-2003, 11:01 PM
now that i looked at it some dum trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro made lil welds around it so it wouldnt slide off :twisted: :twisted: is there any way to break these welds. And i no where to get the circle clip, so ill order that but i need to figure out hoe to get it off with these welds.

slippy4
12-09-2003, 11:40 PM
a punch and a hammer will break the beads, that is why it was just tacked and not a big bead. and thank you! its called the damn sproket wouldnt go on, noone knew why, and a lost circlip, along with a lack of time (hours to get it done before you leave on vacation) i am not a big fan of welding but i didnt care anymore as there were so many hours into it it wasnt even funny.

vartiak15
12-09-2003, 11:57 PM
o ok man thanks. ill get up pics for u soon.