PDA

View Full Version : I don't know...

ebaccm26
01-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Just trying to think some things over and would appreciate anyones input. So currently my space is limited and I can't really get any other machines without letting others go first. The one thing that really stops me is that when I own a machine I know that it is in as best shape as it can be. For example my 200x, absolutely any part that can wear or go bad has been replaced and I know it was done right because I did it. With that being said this is what I was considering doing. I do have several good friends with 3 wheelers but none of them have sport style 3 wheelers like the 200x so the first thing I would like to do is sell the 200x and get a raptor 700 because I do have people to ride that type of machine with. The second thing I would like to do a little later in the year is sell the US90 and get a 250r, I never gained much of an attachment to the US90 and I would like to build a nice 250r for the dunes. This all makes sense to me and it is what I would like to do but I just am not sure about parting with my 200x and that is the only thing holding the rest of my plans back. Anyone been in a similar situation, or get that same feeling when you sell a machine?

Kind of an odd post I know but I also know that there is some wise people here!

M.Pargiello
01-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I won't be getting rid of my 200X for a long time. It is my favorite trail machine. I have been thinking about selling my KX for an older bike like an XL350R, something that I can ride in trails and on roads. Ultimately, my next machine will be a road bike. Been itching ever since I got rid of the Ducati :( I wish I kept it

3Queen
01-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Yes I got that feeling, I had a 86 350X and sold it.. Seeing it go down the road was hard on me I was crying and wish to this day I never sold it!!!!!

RubberSalt
01-16-2013, 02:47 AM
Id sell the 90, and if you have that KLT, sell it too. The raptor is an insane machine, and the 250r can be built meaner. Id get both :)

Friend has a 700 Raptor. IT IS A BEAST.
Brother has a TRX250(89). He just sent the cases off to be welded up. He's building a 400r out of it. 4mm stroke, 82 bore. Rotax MXZ 800 cylinder - Power valve water cooled big bore stroked R. SCARY :)

ebaccm26
01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
The KLT is definately staying, I love that thing. I think I need to let the 90 and 200x go.

captainweezy
01-16-2013, 11:40 AM
a us 90 will sell well right now on ebay or wherever. Your bound to do as good as ever on it now. Maybe 20 years from now they will be higher but what i would do is get it sold while the getting is good.

ezmoney1979
01-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm sure you will love the Raptor 700, great quad, endless torque and good suspension. I have considered selling my 450 to get one because as I get older its becoming more my style.
Two things to consider- The US90 is worth only as much as the tires its sitting on (unless its mint). And the 200X is worth only as much as the amount of OEM plastic that is on it.

oscarmayer
01-16-2013, 02:23 PM
yea as mentioned, i'd sell the 90 and otehr stuff and jsut keep the 200x and then get what you want.

ebaccm26
01-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm sure you will love the Raptor 700, great quad, endless torque and good suspension. I have considered selling my 450 to get one because as I get older its becoming more my style.
Two things to consider- The US90 is worth only as much as the tires its sitting on (unless its mint). And the 200X is worth only as much as the amount of OEM plastic that is on it.

The tires on the 90 hold air but the rears both have a plug/patch and the 200x has all oem plastic but they are rider condition, no cracks though.