PDA

View Full Version : 350x/250r front rims?

Super350
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Where can i get new aftermarket front rims that fit the 350x/liquid R's? Looking for different options and prices avail. I am partial to the douglas spun alum but dont know if they still make em. Thanks for the help guys!

Also might buy a used one if very nice

JasonB
01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Xowner should have some. He orders them in bulk lol. I have one on my 250r, love it. Look xowner up, great guy

Mosh
01-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah get the Xowner rims. They are 10 inch polished and you can get a ton of tire options for them vs. 11 inch. There will be slight mods to your caliper, but far easier to install than the Douglas wheels.

Super350
01-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah get the Xowner rims. They are 10 inch polished and you can get a ton of tire options for them vs. 11 inch. There will be slight mods to your caliper, but far easier to install than the Douglas wheels.

not really interested in the 10inch...i like the larger tire. why would the douglas be hard to install?

Also is there any other options besides the douglas?

Mosh
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I am unaware that Douglas ever made an 11 inch rim for the trikes or anyone else for that matter. If they do, I never inqiured, or heard about it.
The Douglas 10 inch rim required you to shave your front hub down to clear the bell area, and also you had to shave you front caliper slightly to clear the rim. Xowner's
rims he has made, has a larger bell surface that does not require any hub mods, only slight sanding of the caliper edge to clear the rim edge. The 350x you would have to remove those angled tabs behind the studs.
Obviously, an 11 inch rim will clear everything just fine.

Honestly, the choice for 10 inch front tires are almost endless, and they are cheaper to buy than 11 inch. I think some day, we may all be forced to run 10's once all the 11's go by the wayside.

You can get a 23 inch on either the Douglas or Xowner rim 10 inch rims, and the ride height stays about the same. I run a Holeshot HD on mine and it is just about the same height as the stock 23" Dunlop or Pro vector on my R's

As far as 11's..If that is what you want, you may just be getting your stock ones polished if you are just after the bling effect.

RoscoW
01-13-2013, 09:54 AM
here's where I got my last 11" rim, that was a few years ago.
http://recreationtires.com/wheels.html?ct1=Douglas%2011%20Inch&ct2=Douglas%20.190&ct3=4/170%20Bolt%20Pattern

Ross..

Mr. Clean
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Douglas made or makes 11" rims. I have four of them, but only one has the label. This one is mounted with a 85R Dunlop tire. The other three have Mohawk tires. Ross's link shows the rim, I assume they are in stock, or available but would not be the first time something showed for a 250r but was "disco".

The xowner 10" rims are a great option, I have two of those as well.

I hope they will continue to at least make the 23.5" Mohwak tire.

Super350
01-13-2013, 01:13 PM
awsome info from all! ser. thanks guys. PM'ed X and im still on the fence abut going w/ 10 or 11.

Got another question about rears. I know douglas makes polished rears but i think i found ITP and Sadona??? also make them but they have the rolled lip. anybody have experience with these? seems like the rolled lip will hold up way better. Also stock 85R rear rims are 9x8 correct? I want to stay with the same size b/c i like to run oem rear tires, which yes are still avail from honda! They are ohtsu's from the trx's ...basically the same as atc tires...just dont cost the big $ as the discontinued ones :naughty:

Again any info is greatly appreciated :beer

Xowner
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I pmed you back, My wheels are .160 i haven't heard of anyone bending or flat spotting any of the yet..... not saying it cant be done but i havnet heard no complaints

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z119/Xowner350x/utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTYtMjAxMjA0MTQtMjE0My5qcGc.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z119/Xowner350x/utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTQtMjAxMjA0MTQtMjE0My5qcGc.jpg

:cool:

JasonB
01-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Ya his wheels are great, i had the one i bought powder coated black. The only thing i had to do was grind a little off one of the outer fins on the brake caliper. Otherwise I absolutely love it

Super350
01-14-2013, 12:59 AM
can anyone confirm weather stock rear 85R rims are 9x8 or 9x9?

Also, ITP makes a rim w/ tapered lug nut inserts just like the oem ones, how do the staraight hole like X's and other aftermarkets hold up where you just use the flat side of the lug?

JasonB
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Im running with the flat side of the lug iirc, no issues! Also running the flat side of lugs on my rear wheels (ITP powder coated black) and from swapping back and forth to my drag wheel setup too much the powdercoat has cracked and started to come off in 1/4" flakes ;(

Xowner
01-16-2013, 02:24 PM
You can flip the oem lug nuts, but its best to use a washer with them to be safe.

Red Rider
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
can anyone confirm weather stock rear 85R rims are 9x8 or 9x9?

Also, ITP makes a rim w/ tapered lug nut inserts just like the oem ones, how do the staraight hole like X's and other aftermarkets hold up where you just use the flat side of the lug?I'm almost positive the stock 85/86 250R rear rims are 9x8, but I don't have any stockers around to measure right now.

You can flip the oem lug nuts, but its best to use a washer with them to be safe.I agree. If you don't use a washer, the lug nut will eventually gouge the aluminum. The tapered lug nut inserts are nice though. The slightly bigger holes make it a breeze to remove & install those rims.