PDA

View Full Version : AIRMX NY and Kimmie in Feb Dirtwheels page 23!

Bryan Raffa
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
AIRMX and Kimmie on page 23 Dirtwheels... :TrikesOwn

just ben
01-08-2013, 09:43 PM
sorry kimmie I honestly wasn't trying to stir the pot. The scoring was different than was explained to me in the past (by track officials) Congrats on the pic,It's great exposer for the sport,the track and the cause.

Flyingw
01-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Kimmie really needs a fashion consultant..... Pint size twerp!!!!!!

NOS_350X
01-09-2013, 04:54 AM
cool but she didn't pass the finish line second. whatever I still don't understand how that raced was scored different than every other race there..

This happens all the time in motocross, Motocross is scored in a 2 moto (sometimes 3) format and that is how it is ACROSS THE WORLD!!

Other forms of racing such as Supercross, TT, flattrack have the heats qualify/select start position for the main event, but MOTOCROSS is scored where both races count. If they have only been scoring the last moto previously they they are doing it wrong.

Billy Golightly
01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Its good to see some more exposure for the sport...don't ya'll get caught up in the drama and lose sight of that.

Swinger
01-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Good job Kimmie! I know there was a little contraversey over the second place trophy and Regina was bummed that she didnt get it but all in all we had a great time hanging out and racing with all of you. I know we were told about the first moto being for gate position then the second is for placing and then turned out to be about points. No big deal. When we got home I took one of my trophys(only one,ha ha) and redid the plate on it for her. Wasnt the same but made her feel better and told her we'll get'em next time babe! Just wanted to clear a few things up and congrats to Kimmie on everything. Keep the trikes alive guys and lets have fun doing it, see you all out there!

TimSr
01-10-2013, 09:01 AM
This happens all the time in motocross, Motocross is scored in a 2 moto (sometimes 3) format and that is how it is ACROSS THE WORLD!!

Other forms of racing such as Supercross, TT, flattrack have the heats qualify/select start position for the main event, but MOTOCROSS is scored where both races count. If they have only been scoring the last moto previously they they are doing it wrong.

x2

We have limited events that do "supercross scoring" which is typically limited to indoor and stadium type events such as County fair races. I also setup trikefest that way for ease of scoring. Don't know if its still that way or not. Never seen a 3 moto MX in amteur. All regular fixed outdoor tracks here use standard 2 moto scoring.

Scoring is done by adding your first and second moto places. When you tie, 2nd moto decides. Sally gets 3rd and 4th, Jane gets 4th and 3rd - Jane wins. Your overall place may not match either moto place. A rider with a 2nd and a 3rd could get 1st overall and often does.

Its best to ask when you signup, or the lineup ref whether you are running a one or two moto format before you start, and if you have any questions about how the outcome was arrived at, it is far better to ask the scorers, than assume they are idiots. I've never seen one yet who was not happy to explain how it is scored with the finish order in each moto in front of you, as long as you ask in a courteous manner to indulge your lack of understanding as opposed demanding they explain why they are not idots or cheaters. Its also far classier than desparaging winners on message forums just because you do not understand the scoring system.

Congratulaions Kimmie, and all those ladies who participated. It takes great courage to get out on the track, but "Once you make it to the starting gate, there's nothing left to prove!" A welcome atmosphere from other racers and enthusiasts can make it much less difficult, attracts more racers, and gives the sport a more positive image.

Tri-Z 250
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Well ALRIGHT Kimmey!!! Thats cool and a great way to get the TPC Sponcers Pumped UP...Little does DW's know you spin the wrenches as well on the TPC Breast Awareness Machine.

oldskool83
01-10-2013, 01:37 PM
love the pink zebra!

3Queen
01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I was reading this, And was wondering if TimSr was your paragraph 3 meant for me???

3Queen
01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
And Congratulations Kimmie!!! I have no problem with her and have no reason 2 have one she got 2nd and good for her and that is so cool she got in Dirt Wheels!!!!! :w00t:

TimSr
01-11-2013, 12:35 AM
I was reading this, And was wondering if TimSr was your paragraph 3 meant for me???

No. You hadn't even posted in this thread, and I have no personal knowledge of your involvement.

My post was prompted first by the post suggesting somebody's accomplishment was nothing more than an error by incompetent scorers, and the rest is general, what should be common sense suggestions based on seeing scorers at all kinds of events getting disrespectful treatment by bike and quad riders who think their job is easy, and treat them like idiots.

None of this is directed at you, and I have no knowledge of any reason it should be, or why you believe it may be.

TatTooL23
01-11-2013, 12:53 AM
thats awesome kimmie got in the magazine!

i once thought i would be in one..... drove many many many miles, drank many red bulls, towed a "boat" a long way and saw a Delorean...... still after all that no magazine. so much for that...

never again

atc300r
01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Congrats Kimmie. This is good publicity for our beloved sport and the trike community.

atc007
01-11-2013, 06:05 PM

i once thought i would be in one..... drove many many many miles, drank many red bulls, towed a "boat" a long way and saw a Delorean...... still after all that no magazine. so much for that...

never again

Do tell more please...

Swinger
01-12-2013, 07:26 AM

never again I thought I did see you in a group shot in DW this year some time. Didnt think there was to many 450s like yours out there so just figured it was you

TatTooL23
01-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Yea true. I was in that dirt wheels in the group shot.