PDA

View Full Version : 83 110 problems

Jonathan
12-07-2003, 11:49 PM
so I bought an 83 110 from my friend right before thanksgiving so my brother could do some riding with me and shortly thereafter, it wouldn't start. So I swapped plugs with my 86 trx 125 figuring they would be the same (the 125 plug is longer but I didn't know at the time and didn't think to check). I put it in and it ran pretty good, but there was a little rattling in the top end so i adjusted the valves because that's what it sounded like was wrong and now it won't start and there's like no compression. There's no hole in the piston, I can see it fine through the spark plug hole. So what do ya'll think happened, did I fudge the valves or what? If so, does anyone have a really cheap 110 top end for sale that they can get to me before christmas?

whiteman350x
12-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Yep, you prolly messed up a valve. I bought a 110 that this had happened to. Replaced the valve and was in good shape. Think itwas the exhaust valve but can't be sure. This was like 14 yrs ago, lol. The right pulg has to have a very short threded section to keep it off the valves.

hondaATCman
12-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Did you make sure it was on TDC when you adjusted the valves? I put a longer plug in mine one time ('82 110) and somehow it nicked the valve and put a burr in it. I took the valve out (in my case, the exhaust) sanded down the burr, relapped it and it was good to go. Hope this helps.