PDA

View Full Version : US90 Lighting System Question

coolpool
12-29-2012, 01:26 PM
I decided to get the lights working on my K1 US90. While consulting two different wiring diagrams I got them working the way they should..... I think. Here's the weird part. If I hook up the green wire from the headlight switch to the green wire going to the kill switch as indicated in the wiring diagram, it kills the trike when I turn off my lights? I left the green wire unhooked and the lights turn on and off fine without shutting off the trike? What gives? Basically the green wire does nothing in my opinion. Also, it appears that there is only a "O" (off) circuit and a "II" (hi beam) circuit. The diagrams show the same? The blue wire goes nowhere? Did these only have one circuit?

atc350xer
12-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Correct, as far as I know... one position on the headlight switch is the "real" kill switch, the one by the throttle is the emergency kill switch, there is only 1 beam, no hi/lo

coolpool
12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Correct, as far as I know... one position on the headlight switch is the "real" kill switch, the one by the throttle is the emergency kill switch, there is only 1 beam, no hi/lo

Thanks ATC350xer. That makes sense since I don't think I flubbed up the wiring. I'll hook up the green wire again and use it as the kill switch.

lotust
12-30-2012, 12:48 PM
What is the us90?

coolpool
12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
What is the us90?

The original model of trike as we know it today made between 1970 and 73. My avatar is a K0 model. Check out my album for more pics. Or use the search feature and you'll see a few that folks own here.