PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x oil filter/ screen question .....

PAPA250r
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Was looking at the oil flow chart and was wondering how the oil is screened or filtered ... Does all the oil pass through the screen behind the drain plug ? That was pretty pluged up with metal bits but the rotor/oil spinner was clean ....I blew a top end pretty bad and have a lot of metal in the engine i changed the oil a bunch of times and cleaned out the oil rotor seems to be clearing up .

dustrunner
12-19-2012, 02:05 PM
i believe so.. honda makes great engines that last forever ( well almost ) but ya keep chainging the oil till it clears up and i believe it will be fine... ive also heard of people flushing an engine with keroseen but maybe a fello member will share some info ... good luck....

oldskool83
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
the 185/200 motors are not oil filtered. just screened, change it often, just run old dino oil. i run shell rotella in all my stuff, cheap works well and change it often.

oscarmayer
12-20-2012, 03:27 PM
if you have metal bits in your filter, you hve a trashed motor and bottom end is shot. the oil pump is probebly not even pumping addiquite oil pressure to proerly lube the engine anymore.
I highly recommend you tear it down for a rebuid or get anoterh engine.

PAPA250r
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Oil passage to the top end was clogged with gasket material it blew the top end and was replaced .

tri again
12-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Oil passage to the top end was clogged with gasket material it blew the top end and was replaced .

I found some neodymium magnets at the local hw store.
Super strong and the size of a pencil eraser.

I put them on all my drainplugs, just snap 'em to the outside.

They'll easily pick up a 12" pipe wrench.

Almost has to help if you're set on running that engine.

I feel your pain.