PDA

View Full Version : Another trike run

captainweezy
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Last week I headed south to st lu. i had to drop a few parts off and pick up 2 trikes. One being a beat to hell 85 250sx. The other is a very solid clean auto x Which I purchased off 200xranger here on the boards. The sx had been for sale forever and I knew it was really rough looking. The couple of things that got my attention were the rear rack and headlight guard. I figure by selling these 2 parts, I am already making my money back for what I paid for it and also my gas for the day. The rear end (i was told) was rebuilt shortly before the top end went bad. The cool part about buying this trike .....So we get it loaded up and he says follow me to the house, I have the title! Jackpot that really cool because I really didn't expect a title. I usually don't even ask anymore.
I am planning on tearing into this evening with my friend bud light from st lu. He helps tremendously. With the title I wish it was in better condition but still too far gone. I will be keeping the frame and title though for whoever wants to build one with it.:)
Some of the trashed parts on the trike are:
Tank with a lovely jb weld custom job-weighs a ton- good for the scrap man
Totally different carb on it.
Spark plug was removed
Oil not attached
Heavy gauge electrical wire going to the starter
Duck tape for a carb to air cleaner boot:lol::wondering
Beans and corn in every crack and hole in the entire trike-guess the mice really liked this thing
The treasure box on this one was stuffed full of 18 bags of water balloons.:lol:Always fun to open them.
This is just what i remember-didn't write them all down

The auto x already has a thread post. I am pretty sure I am going to just make it a runner. I cant see myself wanting to dump much money into it. After I am done with it, I will probably have $3-400 in it with new tires etc..Will be a good one for the wife and whoever stops by.
I do have another complete 200x that I could powder coat and have sitting ready to swap pats over on but I just doubt that I will put the money into it. I will def have this one at trikefest so come by and ride it if you are thinking about doing this to your x.

ezmoney1979
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
The auto-X looks great, should be a fun one! That poor 250 on the other hand................ I didn't know a trike could get so dirty without it running lol. Is that a 250R headlight shell on the auto-X?

dustrunner
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
nice looking x, why didnt 200xranger finish it ? looks like most of the hard work is done ?

captainweezy
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
The auto-X looks great, should be a fun one! That poor 250 on the other hand................ I didn't know a trike could get so dirty without it running lol. Is that a 250R headlight shell on the auto-X?
250r headlight shell and fender but looks are deceiving. They are cracked up a bit and spray bombed. No complaints though. I think I got a good deal, thanks shaun:beer
The x will sit for a little bit. I need to spend about a half day or so on getting it up and running. I am going to put a 200x carb on it, correct wheels, fix the headlight, install x intake, install new stator. I have everything except rear wheels and tires.

captainweezy
12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
nice looking x, why didnt 200xranger finish it ? looks like most of the hard work is done ?
The hard work is done i would say...

200xranger
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM
glad it went to a good home!!! it was awesome meeting you too. i didnt finish it cause i lost interest and want to get my +2 west coast swinger on my R

Keepah Rolln
12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
wow that poor sx looks like someone left it in a pond for a couple years..lol. nice x though

redsox
12-18-2012, 10:57 PM
just curious, what would you be looking to get for the rack?

Fungo Wizard
12-18-2012, 11:31 PM
The fork boots any good or they rotted?

captainweezy
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
The fork boots any good or they rotted?
Boots are hard. Not sure why you would want them. You can get new fork boots brand new on ebay for $25 shipped to you.

bkm
12-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I've seen that sx on there for a while and if I had more room I would have done the same thing.

captainweezy
12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I've seen that sx on there for a while and if I had more room I would have done the same thing.
The motor may stay in it. Seems like every motor mount bolt is seized. I'm not fighting it. Life is too short for that crap.

captainweezy
12-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Tore into the sx a few nights ago and found alot of junk but some goodies also. Looks like the exhaust is nice and still has the baffle. I think who ever buys the frame for the title purpose is going to get a free motor, dang motor mount bolt is seized in the top and bottom.