PDA

View Full Version : ASV Levers for TRI Z

New2Tri-Z
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know what model ASV levers work for an 86 Tri Z? It is stock master cylinder and want to replace the whole perch and all for the clutch? Any help would be awesome, as I am sure somebody must have run these on their Z by now.

New2Tri-Z
12-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Just got an email from ASV, they say they have nothing that will work with my 3-wheeler. Hard to beileve nothing works, so I am hoping you guys can come up with something for me.

oldskool83
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
just buy new yfz450 clutch perch and mastercyclinder and put it in. it does not have to be tri-z to fit then you can run new stuff and get rid of the dinosar junk.

04+ yfz450 stuff is dime a dozen on ebay. normaly around $40 your running new stuff then just by new yfz asv levers. lotta 3wheeler people make things harder then they need to be and this stuff does not need to be model specific.

New2Tri-Z
12-18-2012, 06:13 PM
just buy new yfz450 clutch perch and mastercyclinder and put it in. it does not have to be tri-z to fit then you can run new stuff and get rid of the dinosar junk.

04+ yfz450 stuff is dime a dozen on ebay. normaly around $40 your running new stuff then just by new yfz asv levers. lotta 3wheeler people make things harder then they need to be and this stuff does not need to be model specific.

So buy used OEM perch for a yfz450 and a used OEM YFZ450 mastercylinder off ebay, then just replace the levers with ASV levers for YFZ450? Sounds easy enough. Can I just buy the Pro perch for a yfz-450 from ASV? Thanks for your help oldskool83.

oldskool83
12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
if your buying used just buy everything its gonna come with everything more your have is less issues later. all you need is a perch honestly. anything works with 7/8 dia bars which is everything and then some. cables and banjo bolts are all the same for hydro breaks. so yes just do what i said and be happy with your new levers.

people dont realize it, thats why they buy over prices wasted junk for 30 year old bikes on ebay and pay more then somthing new and current costs. sucks for them not asking.

pcs
12-18-2012, 11:44 PM
im running a shorty msr clutch lever on my tri z that was for my ltr, they are generic and fix most atv clutch cable set ups, same with the asv, the f series that come with the perch and mount will work. nothing has change much when it comes to cable operated levers.
for the brake side im running a stock ltr 450 master cylinder that was a direct swap for the front brakes. you could get an asv lever for that. the honda trx 450 master cylinder is the same as the ltr 450, both nissin. the yfz/raptor ones will also work like oldskool said. i just went with the suzuki one bc it was less bulky than the yfz

oldskool83
12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
trx ones are priced high, yfz stuff is cheap and dirt, most of the 1st gen yfz are parted out by now. dirtbike stuff works too. i have yz85 on my 200x and shorties lol. ill prob sell cuz i dont like blue. on red bike.

Jcormode
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I've got full Asv levers and perch off yamaha IT bike and there awesome! Not cheap but well worth the cash especially with raffas easy pull part from the 3ww shop! Get em bought you will want them on everything!

New2Tri-Z
12-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the info, I knew you guys would be able to help me out.

oscarmayer
12-20-2012, 03:29 PM
lol i rin the TRX450R levels on my 200x and 350x. works awesome and looks oem.

hippyplz
12-20-2012, 05:21 PM
I run a yfz master and lever on my 200x. The break lever changed in 07 so just make sure you order the right one for whatever master you find.