PDA

View Full Version : YTM 225 DX hard to shift

trikestar
12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
hey guys i recently change out the centrifugual clutch out on my ytm 225dx. got everything all put back together and she ran great, shifted good. then after couple hrs riding i noticed it was hard to shift gears, never had this problem before. just wondering if anybody here had this problem and how did you fix it ? any help or info anybody can share will be appreciated.

dougspcs
12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Check your clutch adjustment as per the manual..

Yamaha3wheeler
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
It could be the pawl and other parts that you placed on the shift shaft.....last step before you put the cover on are jamming.......what kind of makes me think it isn't is the fact that it was shifting good and then got hard to shift. Did you adjust your clutch per the manual as another member mentioned?

trikestar
12-14-2012, 01:01 PM
It could be the pawl and other parts that you placed on the shift shaft.....last step before you put the cover on are jamming.......what kind of makes me think it isn't is the fact that it was shifting good and then got hard to shift. Did you adjust your clutch per the manual as another member mentioned?sometimes it isnt hard to shift. i didnt adjust the clutch when i installed the centrifugual clutch just bolted it in. when i put everything back together it was shifting fine till after few hrs of rinding i noticed it was hard to shift. thx for the info so far guys and keep the tips comin.

leevarnado
12-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Mine 225dx does the same thing when it gets really hot.it will shift to first with ease,then second is hard to shift

trikestar
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
mine started after i installed the new clutch but took it for lil ride over the weekend and it seem to shift better but still hard to shift at times. i'll check the clutch adjustment and see if that will make a difference.