PDA

View Full Version : Colour code Kawasaki Green

BigGreenMachine
12-05-2003, 04:02 PM
I want to know what the colour code is for the lime green Kawasaki paint. Where did you guys find yours. My Kawasaki dealership was no help.

lonestar
01-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I hear ya man, I'm doing a compleate restore on a 85 kxt and I can't seem to find paint for the tank

BigGreenMachine
01-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Don't paint the tank man it'll bubble after a while. Buy a Tecate tank cover from 760-597-1077. Any colour you want for 50 bucks.

TRIZTUNES
01-23-2005, 06:06 PM
HEY!!!!!!!

PJ1 MAKES ONE GOES BY YEAR.

DUPLI-COLOR MAKES A REAL NICE ONE IT'S LIME GREEN IT'S VERY COSTLY.

go to local body with a piece of the color you want match.
they will scan a mix up a pint for u.

they can add gloss,flex,clear coat.

i've done on a tri-z.
i have my frame painted 2002 red.
it was $23.00 a can from the dealer!!!!!!!!
a pint cost $15.00

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!!!

GreenLightening
01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
I hear ya man, I'm doing a compleate restore on a 85 kxt and I can't seem to find paint for the tank

I use DuPont chroma base. i found a green in the chip book that was pretty close. On all the tanks I have done, i have had to mix some yellow in also to get the correct shade of green. To match factory or maier. Maier fenders are a lot more yellow then the factory plastic. I could get you the paint codes if you want. It also needs to be clear coated. Its a pretty specific process painting a tank but if you know anthing about paint and prep its a cakewalk.

If you want any help or info. Dont hesitate to give me a shout. and No, if you do it right, it will not bubble and fall off.

Here is a pic of my tank on my 84. Its not a perfect match but its pretty close.