PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Kawi KLT110

BiggDogg
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
What's up guys? I've been kinda inactive for the last 6 months. got married and Sh!t. Plus the summer is spent playing on my 2 wheels more than my 3. But last night I gave the carb a nice cleaning and tuned my baby so she purs just right. even took off the front wheel to fix my brakes (whole other can of worms) so I got to thinking when she was stripped down.... should I go nuts and powder the frame and wheels and just give her a crazy overhaul with paint?
Now my kawi got some dings and missing parts. I'll never really try to sell her as a 100% pristine trike, so why not have fun?

I'm thinking of kawi green frame and wheels and grips, everything else black (just as it is but "freshened up")

What would you guys do?

keep the original paint scheme or go nuts and make it a cool look?

These KLT110's aren't that common in nice shape and I don't think I would ever make any money off it so I wouldn't really want to sell

thestud25
11-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I personally would not paint the plastics or tank at all. If you paint the plastics, they will look like shiite in a matter of months. The frame and wheels on the other hand may look cool painted or PC'd green if it is done right.

midsouthtrikes
11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
I think they look good original, I don't favor painting plastic. But if it's done with the right prep and paint it will look great.

dustrunner
11-20-2012, 11:38 AM
ya, i would paint the metal stuff.... pleastic flexis....

BiggDogg
11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Yeah,
I meant everything that is paint. I will buff the plastics NOT paint them.

Vealmonkey
11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I've got a set of red rear fenders that only saw about 20 minutes of run time and have shelf scratches. I've got the toolbox cover as well and some of the rubber bits for the rear fender and a couple of the fender flaps and mounts, all new. The fenders are 85/86, but they will fit an 84 if you don't mind them being the correct year. I've even got nos 84 front fender and the 85/86 front fender in red as well, both nos. If you need them that is.

MRSOUND
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Go ahead and get funky with it. It's all in how you want to present it. Since you put it up as choice you obviously have a desire to make it "your own" instead of factory. Unless you plan on doing a refurb to garage queen quality go as wild as you want. Sounds like your still gonna ride it, so why not let it stand out a little on the trails. I have few KLT's as well and may have some extra used items if ya need. Either way start a build thread when you decide. I need some inspiration to get started on mine:rolleyes:.

thestud25
11-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Go ahead and get funky with it. It's all in how you want to present it. Since you put it up as choice you obviously have a desire to make it "your own" instead of factory. Unless you plan on doing a refurb to garage queen quality go as wild as you want. Sounds like your still gonna ride it, so why not let it stand out a little on the trails. I have few KLT's as well and may have some extra used items if ya need. Either way start a build thread when you decide. I need some inspiration to get started on mine:rolleyes:.

I need those 86-87 rear mud guards!!!

MRSOUND
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I need those 86-87 rear mud guards!!!
I said "used" Jon not NOS :lol:

MRSOUND
11-20-2012, 04:36 PM
By the way BiggDogg there is now a KLT owner's group in the group section. Hasn't been a whole lot of activity yet but a few pics have been posted. Join in and throw up some before and after pics!

BiggDogg
11-21-2012, 04:49 PM
That sounds good MRSOUND. I may take you up on the mudflaps. I'm missing one and was thinking about making my own from some rubber.
As I think of this more, I think I'll go the funky paint route. nothing crazy, just green frame, grips, and wheels. the rest stays black but cleaned up.

I'm missing my right foot grip too if you happen to have one

MRSOUND
11-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I like the color scheme...please just no monster drink decals! LOL The mudflaps stud is talking about only fit 86 and 87. I'll have to look and see if I have any for the earlier yrs I believe I might. Pretty sure I have a foot peg grip too. I will check and get back to ya! Like I said do a thread on it either here or in the KLT group page. Be nice to see something besides the custom 2 stroke build or BR refresh.(although I do follow those as well)

tmhcycle
11-24-2012, 01:28 PM
If u did the frame green with factory decals on the black plastics. Would look cool.

BiggDogg
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
yes, i think it would be great looking, no monster decals (unless they pay me) Haa!

this wouldnt happen till spring anyway, Snow on the ground is my favorite time to 3 wheel.

AND IT"S SNOWING NOW!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get home