PDA

View Full Version : 84 200ES with Cycle Country Plow

kb0nly
11-18-2012, 01:39 PM
I got the plow on my 84 200ES today. I was mixed on how it would work after seeing some say it wouldn't work good, and some saying its awesome, etc...

Well i can tell you one thing, it's AWESOME. I had a pile of gravel and a high center on my driveway, its all rock and gravel, and i was able to scrape down the center, push the pile, and flatten it out. It back drags nice and would push a heck of a load before tripping, i think the springs are a bit weak on mine though and i might get a new sets of springs for it because i temporarily put a ratchet strap from the top of the plow to the mount to keep it from tripping and i could sure push a lot with it without fear of bending it, the springs are so weak you can push the top over by hand. I think a new set of springs will make all the difference. Cycle country looks to put a bit stiffer spring on its newer plows, even the poly ones, so it might be a good idea to replace them.

It has the old style L-Bracket skids that work pretty good but i plan on fabricating some new skids for it like i did on my snowblowers. Overall though, i am very happy with it. Its going to come in handy year round! And nicest part about it, pull three pins and the plow and its frame are dropped off, no fuss.

gomer202
11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Looks great

Cave Rider
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Looks great !!! I just had my friend put mine Ebay a week ago...looks like it. I think you even called me lol..

kb0nly
11-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Looks great !!! I just had my friend put mine Ebay a week ago...looks like it. I think you even called me lol..

Is his username bikes trikes and quads on ebay? If so, then this is yours. LOL

I cleaned up the frame and gave it a new coat of paint for the winter. I got a friend that does powder coating that will redo the whole thing for me next spring, he just couldn't get to it until the end of January or so when the slowdown for him comes, so i just powerwashed the dirt off it and cleaned it up for a quick rattle can paint job. He will media blast it all down to bare metal anyway so it doesn't matter how bad of a job i did, just wanted to keep any more rust from building until then.

kb0nly
11-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Looks great

Thanks... Works good to. I do snow removal for some rental houses as needed during the winter, so its nice to have options. Best part is i can pull my small trailer behind and carry along my 26" walk behind snowblower as well when i go. And if neither of them are big enough i have the 36" on the lawn tractor. So let it snow! White = Green here....

Cave Rider
11-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Yup,thats it !!! Awesome !!! Look forwatd to some stories.. I never used it...

kb0nly
11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Hey thats cool, the past owner being on here too... LOL

The very same day i got it i was under orders to reproduce the rear and front brackets for three other guys, none of which are on 3WW, i think one checks in on 3wheeler.org now and then. So i got it here, took the plate for the front and the bracket for the back and promptly reproduced them, only took like two hours to make them and paint them. I sold them for $60 a set, the last one just left this weekend, so i got $180 for brackets and paid for the shipping to get it here! Can't beat that. And if i get some good snow it will pay for itself pretty quickly doing quick driveway pushes.

I bought the 36" blower attachment for my tractor last year and it almost paid for itself before the winter was done, and last year was a pretty light snow removal year for use compared to previous years. I just hope i get some snow removal work to help pay off the debt i have into it. Or maybe some more brackets.. LOL

The rear bracket is super easy to make, i just had some plates cut at the local fab shop then welded on a piece of angle to form the end brackets and a piece of bar stock to make the other piece that goes on the inside of the plow frame plate, welded it all up and done. Drilling all the holes at the drill press took longer than anything else. The front plates i had the fab shop cut them as they can do them quick with a plasma cutter, then i drilled the holes. Glad that work is done, it was worth it in the end but a couple hours of hard work to get them made.

gunoskey3
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
More pics, please!

gunoskey3
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
A video would be awesome, too.

honda200x1987
12-04-2012, 08:54 PM
The 200ES is a true work horse, I know because I owned one. Wish I had not sold it last year and I would have loved to had one of those plows. That year has the reverse shaft drive with HI/LOW RANGE ,perfect for plowing snow, would have been fun!

kb0nly
12-04-2012, 11:20 PM
More pics and vids if and when we actually get snow!!! LOL

Yeah the low range on the 200ES is a stump puller... I can't wait to push snow with it.