PDA

View Full Version : Flow Tech VS Ken Oconner racing

TecateDan
11-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Looking to get a port Job and a renic for my tecate and prob a crankshaft rebuild. Who's had experiance with these two guys and what was it like

cochran
11-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I have heard good things about Flow Tech but that was for a friend's Blaster.
I am sending both of my NOS Tecate cylinders to Harry:
http://klemmvintage.com/

tanks350x
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Dan, In MHO, if you know a descent machine shop, bring it there. they all pretty much have the same equipment to most anything. They mostly ask you on how much to port and so on..just saying... but not all machine shops will work on our stuff...

HondaRidr
11-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Flotek does good work but I dont know if he has experience with tecates.

tecate_gt5
11-12-2012, 03:12 AM
my vote goes to flo tek. hes huge in the banshee and blaster world. and has the paper work to back him self. and vids!

volfan537240
11-12-2012, 03:30 AM
lol @ ken oconnor

TecateDan
11-12-2012, 09:06 AM
What about there guys??

http://www.rpmmfg.com/default.aspx

TecateDan
11-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I need to get one of the cylinders Re-nicked which I thought???? was a very uniquie thing that not a lot of shops do. Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'll Look into Klem for sure

Dan, In MHO, if you know a descent machine shop, bring it there. they all pretty much have the same equipment to most anything. They mostly ask you on how much to port and so on..just saying... but not all machine shops will work on our stuff...

zzmegad
11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I used ken oconnor for a couple crank rebuilds that came out very nice and true. for the cylinder boring and plating I've used millennium technologies with outstanding results. I've never used Flotek, but they have a good rep. Eric Gorr is another in my area. When I get machine work done I go for a place that does that specific thing every day. That is the best way to ensure quality.

Dirtcrasher
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Roy, engine rebuilding shops have some ability but your average machine shop does not understand what porting is; What to grind out, how to change the port timing on the cylinder etc etc etc.

Any of us can grind material and smooth out the exhaust ports. I expect to pay hundreds for porting and larger valves for my 350RX...........

I have to find a shop too and I;m sending them a NOS head.

tanks350x
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
True, Steve...I mis-worded that...