PDA

View Full Version : 84 200X major Clutch Cover oil Leak

kdagenais
11-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Well I need some more ideas for I am at a loss again. Finally got my bike back together after the rod bearing failed and starts and runs great but have major leak on clutch cover where the oil pump runs thru. I have taken it back apart to check gasket and looks good. All bolts are in correct location and retorqued them per spec. Also verifyied I have oil getting to head which I do. Cover and case seem to be straight with no cracks or nicks.
Not sure what else I am missing this thing is driving me nuts. Anything I am overlooking will be greatly appreciated.

Howdy
11-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Got any pics of where it's leaking?
Howdy

kdagenais
11-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Got any pics of where it's leaking?
Howdy

no pics but it is leaking right where the oil pump port comes in the channel that runs with clutch cover.

Howdy
11-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Pics of where it is leaking would really help.

Is it leaking inside the cover or on the outside of the cover?

kdagenais
11-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Pics of where it is leaking would really help.

Is it leaking inside the cover or on the outside of the cover? sorry camera broke right now. but it is leaking outside the cover up front half way up. the higher the rpm is the more oil comes out. has to be coming from oil pump.

shortline10
11-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Your clutch cover or mating surfaces are either warped scratched or has a crack some were , inspect all very close . Remove the clutch cover and alignment dowels and lay the clutch cover on something real flat to see if its warped , granite counter tops work well . Another option it to buy a new gasket and use some Hondabond or yamabond to seal up that area but use it sparingly as to not clog any passages were the oil has to travel .

kdagenais
11-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Well i finally got it had to put some b,lack rtv around the area. Didn't see anything wrong with cover even put a flat edge (steel ruler) on it. Must have taken some material off when i cleaned the gasket off. but she is and running again for while hopefully.