PDA

View Full Version : NH-ME Flat Tracker (added vid)

eddie pettengil
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
We just built a new flat track in Southern maine for atv,karts and mowers. Blew the motor in the quad so im going back to my roots this Sunday for open practice. Here she is.

bkm
11-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Outstanding! Any details on the engine?

eddie pettengil
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Nothing special, blew the motor that is in that pic last week. Back to a stock bore, 15 year old piston with original reeds :wondering. Just as well, the track is a 10th of a mile bullring. It will be nice using something with a broader range of power. Pics of the track at below link.
http://www.flattrackevolution.com/mx207_bullring_build.html

bkm
11-10-2012, 02:23 AM
What a cool track. Its amazing how much work goes into building a little oval like that. Please get some vids if you can. I wish you were close because I'd love to give the Tecate a spin around that.

eddie pettengil
11-18-2012, 05:44 PM
very tight on corner entry, anybody know how too loosen it up sooner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJqhF7ippew

midsouthtrikes
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Nice track, looks like that would be a lot of fun.

bkm
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Tires are too sticky. Try some less sticky tires like mower tires, ect. Looks very cool.

fabiodriven
11-19-2012, 11:04 AM
I've been to MX 207 before. I know the owner, Bill. He was a super nice guy and said we could race MX there. I couldn't get enough interest to make it happen though. It's a bit of a hike for most of us.

dbtolman
11-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm in Sanford- where is this track located at in Southern Maine? Looks like fun!

eddie pettengil
11-19-2012, 12:18 PM
It's in your back yard, Lyman,ME. Fun stuff here. I talked the owner into building a flat track. I spent most of my summer helping him. We plan to run karts, mowers and quads/trikes. Most info will be found here. www.flattrackevolution.Com. It's a site that I built for ice racing in this area. We are now adding dirt track stuff. Trikes are welcome.

dbtolman
11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow- that IS close! I'll have to come check it out... I'm blessed to live backed-up to the woods, close to all kinds of trails, but a flat-track would be a cool experience.

eddie pettengil
11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Fabiodriven- ya the trike interest up here is very slim. As you know, I have been building the ice race series for 8 years now inviting trikes since the start. Sadly, I made the switch to a quad mid season last winter as I and 1 other member was the only one on 3 wheels. I still have it ready to go but thinking of selling it for a kart(they are a blast at this track).

fabiodriven
11-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I hear ya man. If it were a bit closer for a lot of us I'm sure there could be a bit more interest. Lyman was like 3.5 hours for me.

Tell Bill I said hi! (Inspection sticker guy from Whitman, MA in Scott Kelly's building)

dbtolman
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Fabiodriven- ya the trike interest up here is very slim. As you know, I have been building the ice race series for 8 years now inviting trikes since the start. Sadly, I made the switch to a quad mid season last winter as I and 1 other member was the only one on 3 wheels. I still have it ready to go but thinking of selling it for a kart(they are a blast at this track).

LOL! Yep, everyone always tells me "why are you wasting your time with a 3-wheeler? They're banned in Maine!" I just laugh and say "really? Mine is registered... If they were banned, the wouldn't issue a sticker for it..."

Every time I get deep into a trail and hit a spot I can't get across on my quad, I wish I'd take my trike so,I could just blaze a new trail around that spot. Their agility just can't be beaten... :-)