PDA

View Full Version : anyone put a dial a jet kit on a trike yet????

Darius1502
12-03-2003, 01:11 AM
?????

86250RZ
12-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Yep and I highly recommend it worth every penny and more. Better throttle response and faster acceleration. Heres a pic of it, if you look just above the fuel line on the carb you will see a clear tube, that is the tube that runs to my Dial-A-Jet. Just make sure your bike is jetted correctly to start with or the dial a jet will not perform up to its potential.

short4stuff
01-14-2004, 07:16 AM
How would this work on a 200x ??? also does it go in your choke hole?

Tri-Z Pilot
01-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Where ya been darius? Shortf4stuff, they make them for all models, and you either have to drill a hole in your carb, or attach it to your air boot.

Darius1502
01-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey Pilot,

Just been busy. Getting ready to head out to West Texas in about 1.5 weeks to ride my Zilla and the Tri Z...plus the YZ 400F for good measure.

Darius

hondaATCman
01-15-2004, 09:02 PM
You gotta have the bike jetted right before you install it? Woa, I had the whole idea wrong. I thought that somehow something screwed into the main jet hole and has an external adjustment with different size jets that let you switch for leaner or richer running. So, is it like a 2nd main jet? And where would you drill the hole at? Any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tri-Z Pilot
01-16-2004, 06:25 AM
No, what you do is you jet your bike lean, then install the dial a jet, so it will work the way it is supposed to. There is a dial to control major changes in jetting, but the dial a jet works all by it self, it delivers exactly as much fuel as the engine needs, by sensing the vaccum, and engine tone frequency., so you are gaining throttle response, (because the air is already mixed with the fuel by the time it reaches your carb, which make it up to like 70% faster than your regulaur jetting circuits), your getting better fuel mileage (because you are getting the correct amount of fuel at any givin time, increasing burn efficiency), and you are running at optimum power all the time, (because the engine gets the exact amount of fuel that it needs, at any given time, no more worrying about piston meltdowns due to improper jetting). You can either drill a hole on the back side of your carb where the airfilter/airbox mounts, or you can put the dial a jet on the airboot itself.

monoxide
01-16-2004, 10:12 AM
No, what you do is you jet your bike lean, then install the dial a jet, so it will work the way it is supposed to. There is a dial to control major changes in jetting, but the dial a jet works all by it self, it delivers exactly as much fuel as the engine needs, by sensing the vaccum, and engine tone frequency., so you are gaining throttle response, (because the air is already mixed with the fuel by the time it reaches your carb, which make it up to like 70% faster than your regulaur jetting circuits), your getting better fuel mileage (because you are getting the correct amount of fuel at any givin time, increasing burn efficiency), and you are running at optimum power all the time, (because the engine gets the exact amount of fuel that it needs, at any given time, no more worrying about piston meltdowns due to improper jetting). You can either drill a hole on the back side of your carb where the airfilter/airbox mounts, or you can put the dial a jet on the airboot itself.

man pilot, you should be their spokesman, i want it now :D

what about for aftermarket carbs, do they sell kits for them too?

Tri-Z Pilot
01-16-2004, 10:19 AM
You can tell the operator what kind of carb you have, and they will find out which kit is best for you. The operators are very knowledgeable(sp?), I called a while back to get one for tri-z,(but didnt, because they do not take money orders), and to my surprize, the guy said oh yeah, tri-z's, I use to build them when I worked at yamaha, and we preceeded to shoot the breeze for about ten minutes, the company's operating staff get an A plus! You can even call them for trouble shooting, and advise, they definately go out of their way to help the consumer.