PDA

View Full Version : ATC 330R video

ONEBAD350X
10-31-2012, 12:28 PM
hopefully this works.. this is the 2nd start up of my 330r after I got the cooling system filled and bled. I have 6 gallons of gas through it now and its basically like a 2 speed now. Im really happy with esr. I brought this 250r back from the dead. I still need some new rear fenders then it is basically done..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/kjgroen/th_photobucket-4964-1350346072232.jpg (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/kjgroen/photobucket-4964-1350346072232.mp4)

RIDE-RED 250r
10-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Video doesn't play for me, but I think it's a problem on my end.

Looks like that R is coming along nicely. Well done!

I am happy with my ESR setup as well to this point.

What do you mean "it's basically like a 2 speed now"??

John jr
10-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Video played for me, Very nice. looks great & sounds even better. Nice job.

ONEBAD350X
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Video doesn't play for me, but I think it's a problem on my end.

Looks like that R is coming along nicely. Well done!

I am happy with my ESR setup as well to this point.

What do you mean "it's basically like a 2 speed now"?? well the first 4 gears it wants to go over backwards with only a quarter throttle lol you better be ready when it hits lol. Of course you already know with yours

RIDE-RED 250r
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
well the first 4 gears it wants to go over backwards with only a quarter throttle lol you better be ready when it hits lol. Of course you already know with yours

Indeed! I don't have to try too hard to pull it up in 5th either. LOL!

ONEBAD350X
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the help ride red and tips for my engine. So far so good. I need to jet it next. Its a tad rich up top. It breaks up a little until its cleaned out. But its close. I may need to just drop the clip

RIDE-RED 250r
11-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Any time Sir, my pleasure.

Other members here and on TRX250r.net helped me out ALOT along the way on my BB build, so it's only right that I try and keep it going.

Did you end up having the issue with the exhaust flange bolt holes being drilled too deep?

And to you issue of breaking up on top... Be sure you are running either OEM CDI or CR 250 ignition setup. Everybody (myself included) has had trouble with aftermarket CDI units. And one of the most common issues is breaking up on top that seems like jetting when in reality it is caused by the CDI. Don't ask me why but the aftermarket just can't seem to produce a CDI that is as good as our 20+ year old OEM units.

Another common issue associated with aftermarket CDI's is hard kickback when attempting to start the engine. I experienced this as well when I was running a Rick's Hot Shot CDI.

As soon as I replaced the Ricks unit with my old OEM CDI, both symptoms completely ceased.

The ONLY good ignition upgrade for these machines is to convert to the '01 CR250 digital ignition.

I have not done it as of yet for 2 reasons. #1: It's kind of pricey, #2" and this is the chief reason, the CR stator is not set up to run lights. And where I ride lights are a must. Although I have heard you could send the CR stator to Ricky Stator and have them wind the stator for lighting.

Just a little more advice.....

TatTooL23
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
It only the second start up but u have 6 gallons of gas through it?????

JasonB
11-01-2012, 12:58 PM
looks good man! cant listen to it at work though ;) Glad you are happy with ESR, I love my 310 from them as well. Ride safe!

Matrix
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I always found the rivalry between Yamahaha's Banshee and our 250r's funny. Mainly because the Banshee is 350 and we have 100 less cc's.. I wonder how your guys ATC 350r's will fair against some Banshees now...

:w00t::TrikesOwn

RIDE-RED 250r
11-01-2012, 03:05 PM
I would say they would fare pretty good against most Banshees. But I'm sure some of the better built Banshees, IE strokers and such would probably still get us.

At the end of the day, they still have an advantage with similar mods... CPI makes Banshee big bores up to over 700cc!! :eek:

ONEBAD350X
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
It only the second start up but u have 6 gallons of gas through it?????this video is the second start up. From about 2 weeks ago. I ran 2 tanks last weekend alone.

ONEBAD350X
11-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I sealed the exhaust bolts to be safea and I didn't have a chance to check them but so far they must not be leaking . I did have 1 head stud leaking
but I retorqued it after a few heat cycles and it quit. I also thought it could be the ignition it is all stock. It seems to be jetting because it clears up after you run it hard a few times. The plug looks rich. It's getting really cool here in Iowa so the Richer Jetting will be okay for this winter I think. I didn't even check the jet that was in it it is a 38 millimeter air Stryker. I think my pipe is a limiting factor too. I am going to buy an atc5 pipe as soon as I get some money saved other than that it runs really hard

Dirtcrasher
11-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Motor sounds nice and tight! No more of those R's clackity clack noises :D

JasonB
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
when you say leaking, do you mean gas or coolant? there have been alot of issues with ESR and the top screw bolt mount leaking coolant as they made the holes too deap and created a leak there on alot of the castings. Mine leaked, i sealed it up with silicone after the first heat cycle and its been dry since!

about the banshees thing, I was playing with some banshees that claimed to be like 8 mill or something at Trikefest this year, running them on my 310 with drag tires and them on some regular holeshot looking tires I could run both at the same time I would get to mid 3rd gear before they walked by lol. Banshees are quick. Fun to play with though, its a riders race if you can win!

ONEBAD350X
11-01-2012, 06:11 PM
when you say leaking, do you mean gas or coolant? there have been alot of issues with ESR and the top screw bolt mount leaking coolant as they made the holes too deap and created a leak there on alot of the castings. Mine leaked, i sealed it up with silicone after the first heat cycle and its been dry since!

about the banshees thing, I was playing with some banshees that claimed to be like 8 mill or something at Trikefest this year, running them on my 310 with drag tires and them on some regular holeshot looking tires could run both at the same time I would get to mid 3rd gear before they walked by lol. Banshees are quick. Fun to play with though, its a riders race if you can win!it was just a few drips of coolant. Not through the exhaust but on cooling head stud.