PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Super Trac ice studs,any good?Plus more ice stud ?

jays375
10-30-2012, 11:44 AM
I bought a set of Cheng Shing ice racing tires already studded.Believe they are the Holiday Super Trac ice studs.The whole combo is new.Are the Holiday Super Trac ice studs any good?They have a big washer and take up almost the whole knob.Other question is can I remove them and install Kold Kutters?

eddie pettengil
10-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Couple ?'s about the tires first.
How long are the studs? Are the washers separate from the stud or is that the stud design?

Holiday studs work great. They are taller than your normal kold kutter head. They are more like the Kold Kutter kanadian. Some racers feel they have to much traction for the trikes. I love them.

-The washer idea under the stud is not a great idea (unless they were modified). The studs have have ridges cut on the tire side of the head to help grip the tire and not spin out.
-never raplace studs in the same hole as past studs.

jays375
10-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Don't know how long,purchased with studs installed.The washers are built into the screws.

jays375
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Anymore info on this?

eddie pettengil
11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Holiday studs are great, if there the taller style like the Kold kutter kanadians you might have to much traction when the ice has a lot of grip. I'm going to guess they go through the tire so don't take them out. Air them up to 20 psi and let them sit for a week or two. This might help you figure out if they go through.

- you will be gaining nothing by switching to Kold kutter kanadians.
- never take studs out and replace new ones in the same hole, they will never hold.
- when you find the studs need to be replaced and they do go through the tire, buy a tube for the tire and restud one corner of the knobby with 1/2 inch stud.
- I usually get 3 restuddings per tire.

Think I answered you ?'s

eddie pettengil
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Any pictured? Kind if curious about the washer that takes up most of the knobby. Washer should be around 3/8.

jays375
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I will try to get some up tomorrow night.

jays375
11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
157544Here is the studded tire.

eddie pettengil
11-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not familiar with these studs. Not the holiday studs that I have used. They look more like a normal head hieght stud, not the bigger Kanadians. Sorry I could not help more.