PDA

View Full Version : Tecate Question

roofinggun
12-02-2003, 08:58 PM
I was looking to pick up a Tecate project, but someone told me that both Tecates he had had problems with the flywheel or something. Is it common? How expensive is the resto. I know it depends on what you do to it and where the parts are from so noone needs to tell me it depends.

BigGreenMachine
12-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Theres nothin wrong witha tecate, they are wicked fast and not many ppl have them. The stator coil in the base of the motor tends to just crap out but they are not that expensive, say under 250 to replace from a company called Ricky Stator. Once you crack open the engine case you also wil have to replace a gasket but isn't that big of a deal. I say go get the Tecate and if you don't like it no dought someone on here would be happy to take it off your hands.

dirtface
12-02-2003, 09:30 PM
In the 80's and 90's I was always told to stay away from the tecates, they were "junk"! But if another one comes my way, I will definately snag it up. There just has never been any kawasaki dealers in this area. So I think they never had a fair chance.

Jeb
12-02-2003, 09:58 PM
In the 80's and 90's I was always told to stay away from the tecates, they were "junk"! .

Must have been a bunch of Honda guys telling you that so they wouldn't GET BEAT!!! :rolleyes: :D

JMiller
12-04-2003, 02:00 AM
What gasket do you have to replace when you crack the case?