PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Rear Brake Cylinder I.D.

Just-Tri-It
10-24-2012, 09:21 AM
I picked up a Z and started doing some repairs. The rear master was frozen and had braided type lines on it. A nipple was installed in it and the rear caliper to hook up the lines. When I tried to put the nipple into another cylinder I found it wouldn't fit. The old cylinder and caliper have larger holes than the standard parts. Question is. are these parts off a different type Yamaha or were the hole enlarged. I noticed the numbers on the cylinder are not the same so I think it came off some type 4 wheeler but I don't know that. I had to put oem lines and parts but on it because I don't know what this one came off of. Any thoughts?
Thanks

The cylinder at the top is the one that had the lines hooked to it.

Bryan Raffa
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe someone stripped it out...and tryed to fix it? You need to use the Z fork also... others are longer ... if you don't you will limit your adjustment..

Just-Tri-It
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Maybe someone stripped it out...and tryed to fix it?.

If that's the case they stripped the caliper too because it is bigger.

Bryan Raffa
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
ya something funky there... you got a better pic?? you need a body.. i have a few send me your addy!

Just-Tri-It
10-24-2012, 10:15 PM
ya something funky there... you got a better pic??

I took a closer look with a magnifying glass and it seems someone drilled and tapped it larger then made a concave indention so the nipple would sit into the hole . The other one is flat surfaced.

Bryan Raffa
10-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I got both housings... you need em? you ever take apart a caliper?