PDA

View Full Version : Tri zinger plastics.

spentar
10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I was riding on one of my trails in my back yard, and i hit a stump with the heel guard. It broke it right off, along with a crack and a chunk out of the fender a bit. Ive seen people "race cut the rear fender, and make them reay cool. I kinda wanna do that speaking i cant repair this at all. how do i cut these and round them? I would like another set thats not cracked at all also, so if anyone has any id be interested. the color i want is blue.

ps2fixer
10-22-2012, 06:03 PM
You could "stitch" it back together with zip ties, there are youtube videos on it. Plastic welding is another option with a soldering iron/wood burner iron. I never liked the look of the "race cut" fenders, but everyone to their own.

spentar
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
well there not exactly race cut... i forgot where saw the pic of raffas on here but its pretty much like, cutting out the heel guards and keeping the rear fenders still.

ps2fixer
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh I get what your saying, to give it more of a sport three wheeler look. For cutting the plastics, take a peek on youtube, I know there are a ton of guides for cutting them right off, should be the same process, just less material removed.

old-yellow
10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
i use a dremel with a cut off wheel on low speed and then one of the sanding drums to smooth it out after.

spentar
10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Thats what im thinking. I will try and stitch it but if that doent work out, i wil do the race cut. this makes me mad because these fenders were nice. Minor scratches but no fading or cracks anywhere before this.

badass350x
10-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Can you all school me on the heel guard thing?

old-yellow
10-23-2012, 11:04 PM
here's a pic