PDA

View Full Version : Blown up Tri-zinger

russ98atc
10-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I was out riding today and my zinger blew up. the bottom ring on the piston shattered and scored up the piston. Previously i was only getting around 60 psi for compression and figured it was going to happen sooner or later. I guess thats what i get for buying the knockoff pw 50 top end kit. Im going to end up rebuilding it as a 60, but im not sure if im just gonna go up a oversize and get the head shaved and port and polish or if im just gonna get it bored with a oversize.

Yamaha_Rules69
10-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Remember last week when I told you 60psi was not normal, and to PULL THE TOP END? Now your in much worse shape than you were before. And besides, why ride a Tri Zinger 60 like that anyways? THEY ARE MADE FOR KIDS! Get a real mans bike, and sell that to a father looking for a bike for his son or daughter......

russ98atc
10-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Remember last week when I told you 60psi was not normal, and to PULL THE TOP END? Now your in much worse shape than you were before. And besides, why ride a Tri Zinger 60 like that anyways? THEY ARE MADE FOR KIDS! Get a real mans bike, and sell that to a father looking for a bike for his son or daughter......

LOL i guess you were right. But anyways i have a 60cc jug and head any ways. Also the cylinder on the 50 cc is like brand new the only scores were in the side of the piston.

Why would i rather ride a 28 year old tri zinger than a brand new z400? because its fun and my z is still in really nice shape and id like to keep it close to what it is now.

No way id ever sell my zinger eventually ill be a father too.

3 Wheel Drive
10-21-2012, 11:35 PM
So your kit was the 50cc, there is also a. 60 cc kit, that does sound good. Polished port, 60cc piston, plug, new cylinder, gaskets:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=221120827900&cmd=VIDESC

Then there is that 50cc kit:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=180954499537&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=67102520439

The 50cc kit costs 104.00 and that. 60cc kit is 179.00.
I was going to order the 60cc kit but if that one is junk I will pass.

Thanks!

Dirtweed
10-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Why would i rather ride a 28 year old tri zinger than a brand new z400? because its fun and my z is still in really nice shape and id like to keep it close to what it is now.

Yeah you're nuts! LOL

And besides, why ride a Tri Zinger 60 like that anyways?

We all ride the small ones. Next year when they are all up and running well we plan on taking them on Russ98atc's track out back. I got my kid a zinger
(he's 14) and I got me a ATC 70. Should be lots of fun.

fabiodriven
10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
And besides, why ride a Tri Zinger 60 like that anyways? THEY ARE MADE FOR KIDS!

I'm guessing you've never ridden a Zinger.

At TF '12 I ride my Zinger more than any other machine. Around my yard I ride my Zinger quite a bit. I even took it over my buddy's house this past weekend to ride with him in his woods.

With the power these little guys pack it amazes me that they were marketed for kids. Obviously there's the governor and the kill-switch and all of that jazz, but you back that governor all the way down and watch out! My Zinger is bone stock and you would not believe the hills that little thing pulls me up, with ease no less!

I'm 33 years old BTW. :D