PDA

View Full Version : thought Id share a few pics

tecatecrazy
12-01-2003, 11:41 PM
well I got a new camera and have been taking pics of everything (I love new toys) so I figured the tecate would get jealous if I didnt snap a few pics of it. I still have aways to go before I will consider it finished. just parts this year, next winter everything gets powdercoated. try to refrain from making fun of my messy garage. lol ----Joe 8)

350XXX
12-01-2003, 11:45 PM
what yu got there so far looks really nice, except the background.lol.j/k

350XXX
12-01-2003, 11:50 PM
i hope all the boxes are at least trike parts.lol. it would be a good cover story anyhow.

ange
12-02-2003, 12:07 AM
what kind of adjustable link are you using on the rear suspension?

tecatecrazy
12-02-2003, 12:16 AM
I believe its a vintage part. It has a sticker on it labeled trike racing. Its pretty much a lowering strut though...when its all the way out its just as long as a stock strut. I picked it up from the guy that I bought the swinger from. later---Joe 8)

Jeb
12-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Looking great Joe! I like that gold rear sprocket. You need to get an extended axle and go to 8" rear rims in my opinion.

Say, since you have the gold carrier & sprocket and the blue swingarm, I have a gold linkage rocker arm. It's off my 84 and looks good. factory paint. replace that silver one with this one. If your interested $25 even its yours! That includes shipping.

Great Tecate! :-D

tecatecrazy
12-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Its funny you should mention the rocker arm since that was the next thing to get worked on (bearings are shot). got a paypal account?? pm me with it and Ill wire you the cash. the silver was really getting to me.

I really wanted to pic up an axel from rec unlimited but the axle in the pic I posted is brand new and only cost me $60, I just couldnt pass it up. gotta love ebay. :D later ---Joe 8)

Bumb
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Thats not a mess in the background turst me. my grandparents house the whole thing is a desaster area. you cant walk in the door. im sure trailprotrailpro trike will look nice when done.

trikerider2oo7
12-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Nice trike man. I like the back it's cool. EEERRRRRR...can't refrain..... YOUR GARAGE IS A MESS!!!! HAHA

Jeb
12-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Its funny you should mention the rocker arm since that was the next thing to get worked on (bearings are shot). got a paypal account?? pm me with it and Ill wire you the cash. the silver was really getting to me.

I really wanted to pic up an axel from rec unlimited but the axle in the pic I posted is brand new and only cost me $60, I just couldnt pass it up. gotta love ebay. :D later ---Joe 8)

PM sent! Thanks!

Say where did you get that gold sprocket? I'd like to have one for my ATC250R. or maybe even better a blue one.

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-02-2003, 07:17 PM
hey jeb, renthal makes sprockets for the atc R's, and they are gold ultralite and all that fancy stuff.....nac's racing also makes them and you can get them in anodized blue, red, and some other colors...

Nice clean tecate by the way.

tecatecrazy
12-02-2003, 11:10 PM
that entire rear end including the sprocket (not including hubs , axle nuts, ,tires and rims) came from ebay. the sprocket is a 38 tooth, I believe, and is a sidewinder. cost me $10. I wanted to drop a couple teeth on the rear to help keep the front end down but it didnt help much, just made top end faster. this tecate has wicked power with the kx cylinder. I weigh about 230# fully dressed and it moves like there is noone on it. I am not complaining, I just scare myself every once and a while when I am careless. thanks for the compliments guys, Ill try to clean my garage the next time I take pics. :rolleyes: ----Joe 8)

Jeb
12-03-2003, 11:34 AM
hey jeb, renthal makes sprockets for the atc R's, and they are gold ultralite and all that fancy stuff.....nac's racing also makes them and you can get them in anodized blue, red, and some other colors....

Thanks!