PDA

View Full Version : tri z v force reeds

pcs
10-12-2012, 12:40 AM
so iven been searching on the forum for the part # of v force reeds that work with the tri z. so far i found that someone had used snowmobile reeds that bolted up and that vforce has some other reeds that fit with the stock boot has to be modified? or run a billet intake and separate boot. i also found that kx 125 reed block is the same...doesnt look like if from pics i saw. so any help with the part # that i need would be appreciated. also, if the reed block is sandwiched between the boot and the cylinder and the cylinder bolt holes do not change, why would the rubber boot that has the same bolt pattern need to be different in order for the reeds to work?

christph
10-12-2012, 02:20 AM
I was asking these questions about a year ago. I don't think Mototassinari makes a V-Force cage that will work for the Tri-Z. Ultimately I got one from Sprock made specially for the Tri-Z. He had them made by Mototassinari a few years ago. I got mine through Greg at Off Road Innovations (http://www.off-roadinnovation.com). There may not be any left but you should give him a call.

Mosh
10-12-2012, 07:26 AM
so iven been searching on the forum for the part # of v force reeds that work with the tri z. so far i found that someone had used snowmobile reeds that bolted up and that vforce has some other reeds that fit with the stock boot has to be modified? or run a billet intake and separate boot. i also found that kx 125 reed block is the same...doesnt look like if from pics i saw. so any help with the part # that i need would be appreciated. also, if the reed block is sandwiched between the boot and the cylinder and the cylinder bolt holes do not change, why would the rubber boot that has the same bolt pattern need to be different in order for the reeds to work?

This was just covered last week.

I know this thread is old, but I'm interested in upgrading my stock reed system on my 85 Tri Z. Does anyone know where I can order the V force 3 reed valve's and cage?
I have been reading the wrench report and would like to start with the reed upgrade, also going to remove the air box and use the air filter recommended in the stage 2 part of the wrench report. I'd like to have my tri z ported in the future, anyone have any recommendations as to where I can have this done?
I'd like to hear some feedback from some of you who have ran the V force reeds compared to the Boysen power reeds.
Thanks!
Sorry I forgot to get back to you..Here is the info you need.

Factory reed cages are discontinued (I Think)...The Sets I sell are specifically made by V-force for the Tri-z.When you get the ones for the dirt bikes,,,The pedals are too stiff.The sets I sell run a meduim pedal stiffness.That was directly discussed with Moto Tassinari and recomended to be changed by him for optimal results in the Tri-z.
As far as I know( and I could be wrong) the (WR) cages mentioned above, only come in the v-force 2 series,,and will not have the correct pedal Stiffness.
The reed pedals for the new V-force 3 reed systems,as well as all gaskets will be available for replacement.In other words You dont have to wait to get replacement pedals or gaskets when you need them.
Chris,, The system I sell has everything you need.It will replace the metal spacer that is damaged on yours.You have to use your factory air boot and cut the ramps off the boot so it buts flush with the new V-force cage.While you are at it,,You will want to open up your boot a little to allow more air flow into the cage.Easy to do with a utility knife.
Here is the deal.The cage is from 2006 2007 KX 125.part number... V 303a
Reed pedal Part number is ...682m
IF YOU RUN ALCOHOL FOR FUEL you will want the stiffer reeds. Part number... 682h
The reed pedals are the same part number from a Honda 250r. So if you want to call V-force and order them Give Him those part numbers I just mentioned.I think they will run you right around 160 shipped from Him.I order a few sets at a time so He may charge a few bucks more to make up the Special set.I dunno Know for sure!
If you tell him you want the KX 125 cage set,,, you will get the wrong pedals.They have to be ordered v303a Cage with 682m pedals to work good in the Tri-z

Call Vforce/moto tasanari and give him those part numbers. He also can offer you a larger stuffer plate for that system with more flow. Ask him about that cuz I dont have the part number for the larger stuffer. The smaller stuffer in that kit will give you more low-midrange torque.