PDA

View Full Version : ATC200ES Pickup Coil Grommet??

kb0nly
10-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey guys i was cleaning up Ole' Red tonight and i noticed something odd, the grommet that is supposed to be on the wires from the pickup coil, pinched under the pulse gen cover is missing... Weird, cause i thought that was molded on the wires coming out, or am i wrong? I checked the parts diagrams and i see its not a separately available part so.... Hmm, guess it deteriorated and fell out or something cause it was there when i replaced my advancer and put a new gasket on that cover.

Anyone got an idea if it can be had separately or will i have to scrounge it off another pickup?

The reason i was cleaning her up is next week i plan on pulling the motor out for a top end rebuild and exploration. She is leaking oil at the stud o-ring between the head and cylinder, which seems pretty common for them, but after sitting a few days she also smokes a bit on startup so i am pretty sure i have a leaking valve seal as well. Other than that, compression is perfect, runs like a champ, no noises or other issues. But as long as i have it apart i will go through the head, put in a new timing chain and tensioner/guide and clean everything up down to the base gasket. Thought about honing and rings but it doesn't seem to have a compression issue and the oil that burns off at starting only happens after sitting for at least 3-4 days, if i ride it every day i get no oil burn-off so it has to be leakdown from the valve stem seal. If it was the headgasket letting oil in from that leaking o-ring i would think the compression would also be down for a leaking headgasket.

Anyway, feel free to chime in on the rebuild as well. I will probably take a bunch of pictures to show the teardown and assembly. Only wish i could pull the cylinder without pulling the motor from the frame.. Ugh... Oh well has to be done!