PDA

View Full Version : Look what my brother crammed into MY garage!!

RIDE-RED 250r
09-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, between my brother in law (Beadle350x) and my kid brother (Ride_Red_Man) I guess I'm going to be getting quite the Tri-Z crash course this winter! Ride_Red_Man has been a member here for awhile, but has to get his 10 posts in to gain full access...

So anyway, he traded his '97 MXZ670 for this Tri-Z and a '93 Kawi Bayou.. The Z starts right up and runs quite well but it does need some TLC. Mainly some brake work, swingarm bearings, throttle cable and some of the obvious stuff like the headlight assembly and some new plastic. We will be tearing it all down this winter and building it back up. Going to pull the engine all apart and change crank seals, water pump seal and do a good check on all the internals. This should be interesting because I have ZERO experience wrenching on Tri-Zees! Heck, only rode one for the first time a few months back and then a secind little test rip when I looked at Beadle350x's Z he just got. Should be fun though, I welcome all creatures on 3 wheels in my garage! ;) Only thing is, I swear I heard my 350r growling a little bit when we parked the Yammi behind her in the garage... LOL!

It is a 5 speed model, not sure what year that puts it.. Like I said, I'm pretty much learning about the Yammi-Braap-Trikes right now from ground zero..

Here are a couple pics, I think he did pretty good on the trade over all. Got a nice BRAAAPP and a descent little back-40 putt-putt quad....

beadle
09-28-2012, 08:10 PM
whats this with black and red tri z s in upstate new york this week? we managed to pick two up in 5 days! good thing is if i need a part for mine i know where theres another sitting! lol..

honda3
09-28-2012, 08:11 PM
this is 1985.5 tri z. its a special edition. nice grab

MTS
09-28-2012, 10:31 PM
HEY...thats not a honda!!!! You better keep your bro off the yamaha tips!!! Would hate to see that 350r spanked by a YAMAHA!!!! Looks good :beer

RIDE-RED 250r
09-28-2012, 10:47 PM
HEY...thats not a honda!!!! You better keep your bro off the yamaha tips!!! Would hate to see that 350r spanked by a YAMAHA!!!! Looks good :beer

LOL! I don't think we have to worry a whole lot about that.. ;)

I have a pretty good tip for him and his Yammi.... Watch out for the roost! LOL! :):Bounce:beer

But seriuously, I'm really looking forward to getting both of these new Tri-Zees up riding on Tug Hill with me next year...It will be the 2 Zees and me riding the 350r.. Beadle and I were just talking about who in the family needs to get a Tecate to complete the old legend trifecta.

I'm starting to feel the itch to "go green"... And I aint talkin' 'bout no fargin prius neither!!

Ride_Red_Man
09-29-2012, 12:16 AM
MTS: eventually he will be spanked. He just doesn't know it yet. Ha ha ha ha! Of course I have to start doing my homework :-) any suggestions to start with? ( other than the obvious...... selling the Z for an R) ha ha ha!

pantera1975
09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Nice there has been one of them like that for sale 30 min from me for 2 years I looked at it I think the guy wanted $900 for it. had a old dg pipe porting missing rad lovers. The guy is a member on here. I just didnt have the money for it. The 2 R's are expensive enough to keep going. Adds up fast when you do all the chassis bearings rebuild the brakes update the brake lines,tires and fork springs and rear shock. Can blow $1000 like nothing. Im gonna win my tri-z next year anyway thats all done.