PDA

View Full Version : 300r Project Pics

Popeye
09-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Just thought I'd post a few pics of my 84 300r project. Almost done. Waiting to get the rear end and top end back. Need a carb, rear brakes, and rear tires. I'll get some new fenders eventually, but it's not a priority right now. Thanks to manbearpig for an unbelievable deal on a really nice bottom end, atc007 for restoring my 300r top end, and scootertrash for making me the plastic swingarm bushings that you can find for everything except a 2nd generation R. After I get it running I am gonna get some blue fork boots and a number plate. Sold my headlight guard to get the number plate, but I underestimated the shipping and ended up getting beat.

Oh yea, I know my front tire is on backwards. Didn't pay attention when I took it to get it put on the rim. I know on motorcycles they put them on like that sometimes, but I'll turn my around. I don't want to talk about the tank stickers either lol. I screwed them up bad. I'll get some new ones when I get over the $15 I'm gonna lose by wasting those lol.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/briankossum/IMAG0505.jpg

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/briankossum/IMAG0506.jpg

Xowner
09-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Looks like you need a good fuel tank..... I got one been tripping over it and want it gone.....

Popeye
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I just got this one powder coated. It's dented up, but the inside is good. BKM on here made me an offer too good to pass up. Didn't want to buy a better one and still have to have it coated. Would have cost twice as much. I should have mentioned BKM, so here it is: thanks to BKM for an awesome deal on the tank. He did an outstanding job and turnaround was super-fast.

Xowner
09-13-2012, 09:11 PM
IF you change your mind i have one that is beautiful inside and out. I remember seeing the thread where bkm coated this one! He does good work.

mart
09-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Let me guess you put those stickers on before you put the tank on the trike.Like maybe it was on a table or something?? how do i know you ask?? because i did the exact same bloody thing lol

82300R
09-14-2012, 09:10 AM
I believe there is a differance in the shifter shaft length on the first gen an second gen bottom end. You probably know that. Just thought i would mention it. Looking good. My 83r was my favorite out of all of my 250's.

JasonB
09-14-2012, 09:59 AM
looking good so far! BKM did some parts on my 310R including the front wheel, he does great work and is awesome to deal with!

What carb are you looking to run on this? I ran a 39pwk on my 84 300R, ran like a champ!

Popeye
09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Let me guess you put those stickers on before you put the tank on the trike.Like maybe it was on a table or something?? how do i know you ask?? because i did the exact same bloody thing lol

Funny you said that because when I looked at it I thought that was what it looked like I did too, but I actually overcompensated for how low I had my rear end sitting at the time. I messed it up bad. Seems like the pics make it even look worse. Same for the dents in the tank.

Popeye
09-15-2012, 02:06 AM
I believe there is a differance in the shifter shaft length on the first gen an second gen bottom end. You probably know that. Just thought i would mention it. Looking good. My 83r was my favorite out of all of my 250's.

After I read this I went outside and looked and it does look like gear shift spindle on my motor is too long. I have looked at parts list and found it, but I was wondering if there is anywhere to get a cheap one. Will one off something else work? Seems like all of them are $50+. Thanks for pointing this out though.

brapp
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
just get the right oine ans switch it .

82300R
09-15-2012, 10:58 PM
I have a stock 83/84 head pipe if you need one. Bought it years ago misslisted as an 82. Been in my shed ever since. It is used but in good condition.