PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride in Arizona (phoenix area)

diesel
09-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Soon I will be riding with the wife on some trikes. I know where to ride on the Harley, but places I used to go back in the day are now housing developments. (north east of Deer Valley Airport and 99th and Jomax).

So, where can I take the trike to ride, hopefully somewhere close to get them dialed in.

Maybe some suggestions for other places too.

I usually carry a pistol, does anyone know of restrictions on this?

Thanks Diesel.

XxMurdocxX
09-13-2012, 06:35 PM
When i go to phx to visit family we usually go out to castle hot springs or bulldog canyon when we are out by the salt river. There is really no places to ride in the city. You need ohv tags for both im pretty sure (i've never gone riding without) and i think you need to get the code from the ranger station for the gate at bulldog. You can also check with your local ranger station or ohv club for more info and places. Hope this helps

christph
09-14-2012, 10:44 PM
The best place I have found locally is the Roll staging area near 4 peaks. Take Beeline highway (89) from Mesa to Payson for about 12 miles and take a right on a dirt road to the Roll staging area. It is easy to miss so check a map. The staging area is about 1 mile up the dirt road. There are tons of trails and sand washes. You can even take the main road all the way to the top of 4 peaks, but you're looking at about 25 miles. Great place to ride. Target practice is prohibited.

KASEY
09-15-2012, 12:32 AM
we quit riding az.. we only ride sand now... to much dust and rocks,,, and we aren't road riders..