PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the coil on my Honda 110

LonesomeTriZ
09-04-2012, 01:03 PM
It appears that the coil on my 110 is bad. I am not getting any spark from it. The previous owner used and piece of an Accel 8MM plug wire for it but that repair did not do any good. Are there any other parts I should check before I buy a new one? Also, I did some checking and they appear to be hard to find. Even sites that have them listed do not have them in stock when I call. Is there a coil off of something else that will do the job?

Vealmonkey
09-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I know the 84 and 85 honda 110 are the same. I know 83 is cdi and you may want to check a parts microfiche to see if they would swap. Did you get rear mudflaps yet? I may have a pair for you.

LonesomeTriZ
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I figured it fit something else. I made some mud flaps that look pretty good. Are there any other parts I should check before I try to replace it?

Maico
09-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Those coils are all over E-Bay...reputable sellers too. Aftermarket new. Before you do anything...try removing the plug cap and clipping off 1/4"-3/8" of the plug wire. They get old and corroded over time and a fresh clip will expose new wire. Definitely a new plug too.

LonesomeTriZ
09-05-2012, 09:20 AM
What about the switch? How do I check that?

Vealmonkey
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I'd make sure and go through your wiring system and at least check for continuity if not resistance too. Your shop manual should tell you how to do it. Anything that does not have continuity is bad and the resistance tolerances should be clearly listed. Best of luck. Gazoos' 350x drove us crazy as we had continuity and the resistances all were in spec but it still didn't show any spark. We put the plug in and the trike fired up! Go figure? LOL We still never ever saw a spark at the plug????????

LonesomeTriZ
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder if I that is the problem. I am assuming it is not sparking becuase I do nto see it. Plus, I used a test light and sprark tester on the coil with no luck.

El Camexican
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder if I that is the problem. I am assuming it is not sparking becuase I do nto see it. Plus, I used a test light and sprark tester on the coil with no luck.

There is a way to test that out with your hand if you don't mind being "shocked" by the results:naughty:

LonesomeTriZ
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I like the way it tingles.

El Camexican
09-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I like the way it tingles.

You're a better man than me. I about soil myself everytime I get a shock. Best of luck getting this fixed.:beer

LonesomeTriZ
09-05-2012, 05:31 PM
It looks like I need a voltmeter.