PDA

View Full Version : octane boost in a 2 stroke?

hondadozer3851
09-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I have some Nos octane boost that I used with my 350x I was wondering if I could use it in my tri-z I don't think it will be aproblem but just wanna make sure

Matrix
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
How did it work in you're 350x?

hondadozer3851
09-03-2012, 03:41 PM
It made a pretty big difference I think felt like I had more power wen I used it

RIDE-RED 250r
09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Hate to break it to ya, but it's all in your head.

I'm not going to go to great lengths here to explain again that more octane than your engine requires does NOT increase power and performance.

The trick to getting the most performance out of any given engine is to run as low octane fuel as you can without pre-ignition/detonation.

99% of "octane boost" available at the local auto parts store is pure snake oil. If your engine is built in such a way that higher than pump fuel octane is required, go buy some actual race fuel.

This topic has been covered extensively here and other forums.

Matrix
09-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Hate to break it to ya, but it's all in your head.

I'm not going to go to great lengths here to explain again that more octane than your engine requires does NOT increase power and performance.

The trick to getting the most performance out of any given engine is to run as low octane fuel as you can without pre-ignition/detonation.

99% of "octane boost" available at the local auto parts store is pure snake oil. If your engine is built in such a way that higher than pump fuel octane is required, go buy some actual race fuel.

This topic has been covered extensively here and other forums.

That's exactly what I thought.

hondadozer3851
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
My bad I probably should have searched it first

fabiodriven
09-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I'll back up Ride Red 100% on that. As long as your engine isn't pinging, you're just wasting your money on that octane booster.