PDA

View Full Version : Tri zinger 60 driveshaft...help!

CHAD-98
11-29-2003, 12:48 AM
I just picked up a zinger today, and the guy i bought it from removed the driveshaft. He doesnt remember if there was any oil in it???

He removed the rear end because it wouldnt move. I found the key sheared off inside the crankcase. Once i fix this problem, i need to know how to install the rear end.

What kind of oil do i use? How much oil? Do i sit the trike on the grab bar, and fill it that way?

I have a manual (this is my second zinger) and it says to leave the driveshaft work to the professionals...What a joke...

Any help would be great,
Dave

J.D.
11-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Welp about all I can help you with is fill the axle thing with 80W-90 gear oil. Best of luck!

CHAD-98
11-29-2003, 01:19 AM
Welp about all I can help you with is fill the axle thing with 80W-90 gear oil. Best of luck!

Thanks, thats a start.

Should I fill it all the way? Fill it half way? You dont fill your engine up all the way...

Maybe I should take my other zinger apart, and see how much runs all over the ground... lol j/k.

Any one with a shaft drive can help.

Dave

42F67N
11-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Use the diagrams i showed ya lol if all else fails ups it to me for x mas :)

smokinwrench
11-29-2003, 07:23 PM
I just looked at my trizinger tonight. I seen a plug on the bottom towards the front of the differential housing. I don't think you would tip it up on end and fill it that full. I would guess that maybe that is the fill and check plug. Maybe fill it while sitting on the grab bar then set it back down and see if oil comes out. That is just a guess after looking at it. I know it shouldn't be filled all the way up. I have never checked mine. If all else fails fill it full and then only install half that amount is what I would do.

Josh