PDA

View Full Version : anyone got any info for a 200x overbore with 6mil stroker?

dream3wheeler
08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
powroll offers work on stroker and has a few other high performance parts. any idea what i could expect from getting some of these? has anyone tried it on here?

christph
08-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I have the same question about the performance gains of a stroker crank. As a general rule I think a stroker crank gives you more torque and horsepower but slows the revs down. I like a rev-happy engine so I'm a little hesitant to get one. I've heard of people lightening the crank to keep it rev-happy but I don't know if anyone offers that service anymore. I called Four Stroke Tech about headwork and a bigger intake valve but I forgot to ask about lightening the crank.

yaegerb
08-24-2012, 10:42 PM
If you look at my thread, I did it. Shortline10 has one and torque is getting ready to do one.

Powroll did my short rod +6 stroker. Increases your displacement significantly. If you are going ballz out with a stroker you might as well get the rest of the items with it. It increases top end overall, depending on what piston and cam you use. You will lose some low end torque. Overall, its a totally different machine.

Mickey at four stroke tech should be able to lighten your crank, but I don't know for sure. The only item I lightened was my flywheel.

dream3wheeler
08-25-2012, 03:07 AM
as far as speed goes how much of a change is there if you get the stroker done, race cam, 10.5:1 66mm piston, and valve springs? to me it sounds like it would be a pretty crazy fast machine especially for a 200. and im also wondering what problems it could cause.

hillbilly 200x
08-25-2012, 06:28 AM
It would be crazy fast, I know my 200x is only bored to 2nd stage with a 11.5 to 1 pistion, ported, 30mm carb and a supper trapp and it is a beast. if you want to go faster you can aslo do the 200xr tranny swap to get the 6th gear. But i think shortline said something about the tranny beginning to weak for all that power.

as far as speed goes how much of a change is there if you get the stroker done, race cam, 10.5:1 66mm piston, and valve springs? to me it sounds like it would be a pretty crazy fast machine especially for a 200. and im also wondering what problems it could cause.

yaegerb
08-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Shortline10 will have to let you know how fast it is as he used to race a fairly similar setup. I am just finishing my bike and haven't fired it up yet. If you look at xrider's build thread he dyno'd his 200x with roughly the same mods and I believe he made approx 25-27 HP.

dream3wheeler
08-25-2012, 06:39 PM
so what im really trying to find out is...if i scored a very cheap 200x like around 300 would it be worth putting all that money into it?

yaegerb
08-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Why are you asking us? Its up to you and what you want to do ;)

dream3wheeler
08-25-2012, 10:44 PM
thats true lol. but im mostly asking cause i really want a 85 or 86 250r but none are being sold around here or within my budget when it comes to distance. but i know of a lot of beater 200x's that could easily be turned into monsters with some powroll products. and what im looking to do is show up some quads

pantera1975
08-25-2012, 11:19 PM
If you have your heart set on a 250R or had one in the past the 200x will never fill the desire. 200x's are very nice machines but the shear power and sound of a 2 stroke is hard to beat.

yaegerb
08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
thats true lol. but im mostly asking cause i really want a 85 or 86 250r but none are being sold around here or within my budget when it comes to distance. but i know of a lot of beater 200x's that could easily be turned into monsters with some powroll products. and what im looking to do is show up some quads

You can absolutely turn a 200x into a monster, but you are married to unreliability of the machine, e.g. highly modified motor and you will have to use race gas to get the most out of a built 200x....Not Cheap! This advice goes in the face of my build, but I knew what I was getting into before I started building it. I just wanted the most awesome 200x platform one can make, so to me, its a passion and unique.

In your case, you still want the reliability of the machine and intense power. Therefore I would recommend holding out for a 250R.

Just my opinion, its your money. Have fun!

manbearpig
08-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Build your stroker!

Just don't end up like mrtwistedshinhurts on YouTube...

dream3wheeler
08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
kick starter shredded his pants lol. he's the guy who got me curious. he wants 2300 for his 200x and i dont think it'd be worth it in the long run since i really do want a 250r. ill stick to my initial plan and get wait for the right deal on an R. but that brings up some more questions on how i can turn a 250r into a quad crusher. in my opinion all trikes kill quads but in reality the 250r, 350x, and at some point the 200x's are the ones that really make it a good race. i do want the fast trike that kicks some ass but " yaegerb " said i am also worried about the reliabilty of the machine because i do want it to last awhile. but around here ive had it pounded into my head that 2 strokes arent worth having since you have to rebuild them alot. I dont know if that is thats exactly true unless you ride it real hard and dont take care of it but ive never owned a 250r yet so i wouldnt exactly know

manbearpig
08-31-2012, 03:45 AM
Read around on that guy. You'll read some interesting things about what's actually goin on in that video he made...

Bike won't idle and just wants to die. Actually dies on him at the end.

That's why I said don't end up like him with a bike that you put tons of $$ into but is nearly unrideable because the reliability of his motor was reduced so much it wouldn't even idle or stay running

...o and don't end up with a screwed up shin either. Learn how to kick a 200X jellybean!