dougspcs
08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Man I gotta find my way there some day!

userj8670
08-16-2012, 03:10 PM
looking great man!

TatTooL23
08-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Wow. 94 views and no one has a keen enough eye to notice...

big specht
08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
So how did it go?? Is it a pain to get passes for the weekend and what about getting parking passes and how did you like the place you stayed at ???? We are planning on doing a dune trip this next summer and that is why I'm asking

bkm
08-19-2012, 11:14 PM
That 350x looks sweet with those inverts.

TatTooL23
08-20-2012, 12:54 PM
That 350x looks sweet with those inverts.

there u go. was wondering when someone would mention it, lol.

TatTooL23
08-20-2012, 01:05 PM
So how did it go?? Is it a pain to get passes for the weekend and what about getting parking passes and how did you like the place you stayed at ???? We are planning on doing a dune trip this next summer and that is why I'm asking

the cabin we stayed in right there in town was great.

riding was a lot of fun. you can ride the whole place in a day. but very fun to go back and concentrate on certain things and watch others.

the place was a complete cluster F*CK! first off we showed up and went to get parking passes. they only hand out 220 each day for friday saturday and sunday. but they hand them out the day before at night. so people start lining up to get them the night before. so basically for saturdays if u dont get a pass friday u r NOT getting in on saturday. after 7pm they let anyone in, but u have to be in line for the next days passes at around 8pm so that wouldnt work. then u also have to buy a pass to park y o u r truck in the parking area, a pass to ride the dunes each day u ride and a ORV sticker for the ATV. Then the extremely retarded thing is that if u r already registered its more money to bring in y o u r ATV!! so if u r registered and u go there, take y o u r plate off and tell them u r not registered.

on top of all that u must have a flag that is tall enoough, and the flag part CANNOT be triangular. it has to be a rectangle. basically u have to buy theres. also u must have a spark arrestor. when u get up to the entrance they have a rod that they try to stick in y o u r muffler. if it doesnt hit a screen u dont get in. this is absolutely ridiculous because some sand rails have open headers on a V8. but everyone hates ATV's.

and also u may get randomly checked for decibel levels. none of our group got checked.

overall it was a great time. but i would recommend NOT going on the weekends. its super packed and they give out the parking passes so fast u may not get in. when trying to figure out the passes and stickers and all that we were told something different by every worker there. its very odd, u have to go over to this other parking lot to buy stickers, then line up just on the side of this road to wait for a guy to come and give u a parking pass, then the actual parking lot isnt even near there. its the stupidest set up i have ever seen. no one knows what they r doing. but they know how to get a good chunk of money from u.

big specht
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Ok I've heard that and it seemed like I couldn't get a straight answer when I was asking on the silverlake dune web site there isn't a way to get parking passes online??

350xx
08-21-2012, 01:36 AM
the cabin we stayed in right there in town was great.

riding was a lot of fun. you can ride the whole place in a day. but very fun to go back and concentrate on certain things and watch others.

the place was a complete cluster F*CK! first off we showed up and went to get parking passes. they only hand out 220 each day for friday saturday and sunday. but they hand them out the day before at night. so people start lining up to get them the night before. so basically for saturdays if u dont get a pass friday u r NOT getting in on saturday. after 7pm they let anyone in, but u have to be in line for the next days passes at around 8pm so that wouldnt work. then u also have to buy a pass to park y o u r truck in the parking area, a pass to ride the dunes each day u ride and a ORV sticker for the ATV. Then the extremely retarded thing is that if u r already registered its more money to bring in y o u r ATV!! so if u r registered and u go there, take y o u r plate off and tell them u r not registered.

on top of all that u must have a flag that is tall enoough, and the flag part CANNOT be triangular. it has to be a rectangle. basically u have to buy theres. also u must have a spark arrestor. when u get up to the entrance they have a rod that they try to stick in y o u r muffler. if it doesnt hit a screen u dont get in. this is absolutely ridiculous because some sand rails have open headers on a V8. but everyone hates ATV's.

and also u may get randomly checked for decibel levels. none of our group got checked.

overall it was a great time. but i would recommend NOT going on the weekends. its super packed and they give out the parking passes so fast u may not get in. when trying to figure out the passes and stickers and all that we were told something different by every worker there. its very odd, u have to go over to this other parking lot to buy stickers, then line up just on the side of this road to wait for a guy to come and give u a parking pass, then the actual parking lot isnt even near there. its the stupidest set up i have ever seen. no one knows what they r doing. but they know how to get a good chunk of money from u.

WHAT? That is extremely dumb. Must have spent all your money on that dumb stuff! How much do you think it cost your group just to get in?