PDA

View Full Version : big red motor on a go kart

bob06
11-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Hey, I'm new to the board and this is my first. I jave a trike but it's not gonna be that way for long. all it is right now is pretty much the frame and the motor and hte electronics. Anyway, the motor has an electircal problem and won't run. As soo as we get it running, we are planning to fabricate the motor onto a frame and turn it into mid engine-rear drive go kart. The original trike was an 85'-97' honda big red. If anyone has a copy of a wiring diagram or can tell me a few tricks or can help me find the problem i;d appreciate it alot. If anyone has the manual i'd like it if they could scan the wiring digram and post it or send it to me at archon_3000@hotmail.com. The only wirng diagram o have right now is of a diferent model made by honda in 86. I'm not sure if it's identical or not though. Tjhanks for any help. -BOB

honda200
11-27-2003, 06:00 PM
well man, i highley DONT suggest putting it into a go cart, restore it to a big red, by the way, ALL 3 wheelers had stopped being made in 1987, no offence or anything, your a newbie, but just so you know, i have never owned a big red, nor do i know its electronics, but, look at your engine, there should be a wiring harness coming out of it, maybe 4 wires, take a test light and test the wires, the one with the most power (produces most light) is most likely your lights (i think) and the next one goes to your coil, which provides a spark, make sure your carb is set right, and all, then your ready to go!

Hope this helps

Curtis

Bumb
11-27-2003, 06:35 PM
yea i have one but its in my manual and i dont have a scaner. Maybe ill be able to get it at my friends house and scan it.

Mobular
11-27-2003, 07:18 PM
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/thehondaatcclub/

Here, we have a few pics of a very well done homemade kart that uses a 200cc ATC engine.
Membership is required to view the albums, but it's free to register!