PDA

View Full Version : Reunited and it feels so good...350x

Matt85'350x
08-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Well thanks to Dougspcs I found out about my old 350x being for sale. Doug was more making fun of the guy than anything, but some good still came out of it. I traded this a few months back because I needed some extra cash for my new house; I then sold the traded item for cash. So after seeing the post on 3WW and some pleading with my wife I now have it back. It's in better shape than when I got rid of it; I traded with an 86 frame that I hadn't put on yet and he put the frame on and fixed up some other things as well. Only thing I didn't like is the 3" spacers he added-it looks good but it hardly turns on my driveway. I also got my predator rear end back with it-I'd like to put that on next. Here are some pics, I call it my 85.5 since the frame and rear end are 86 and the rest is 85.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/msure462/My%20350x/2012-08-02_20-12-26_228.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/msure462/My%20350x/2012-08-02_20-12-39_591.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/msure462/My%20350x/2012-08-02_20-13-00_794.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/msure462/My%20350x/2012-08-02_20-12-50_138.jpg

wonderboy
08-06-2012, 10:56 PM
That has to feel good to get it back! Nice to hear that it is actually in better shape than when you traded it away too. Congrats!

gomer202
08-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Man thats pretty lucky!

dougspcs
08-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Had I not been on my holiday week and a low time in the toy budget it probably would have ended up another picture in my scrap book of 'stole it for a song and sold it for profit' machines. Your machine would have brought $1500-1800 all day long in Ontario, looked like a nice unit.

Good on you Matt..you should call it your boomerang bike. Now it's backed to it's rightful owner. Your wife deserves a big kiss too, nothing like having an understanding women who gets the whole man-toy thing too. That would have sucked watching that thing disappear forever because she wasn't onboard with you getting it back!!

For me, there will be other machines for me to kidnap in the night like a bandit and smuggle out of the country..God bless America!!

http://youtu.be/Tfi8fT9oHkQ

But hey, that guy was crazy to move that machine though right? 16 CL postings in 2 days..WOW!

Matt85'350x
08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Had I not been on my holiday week and a low time in the toy budget it probably would have ended up another picture in my scrap book of 'stole it for a song and sold it for profit' machines. Your machine would have brought $1500-1800 all day long in Ontario, looked like a nice unit.

Good on you Matt..you should call it your boomerang bike. Now it's backed to it's rightful owner.

There will be other machines for me to kidnap in the night like a bandit and smuggle out of the country..God bless America!!

But hey, that guy was crazy to move that machine though right? 16 CL postings in 2 days..WOW!

Lol, he was pushing it pretty hard. I'm really surprised it lasted as long as it did-noone even came out to look at it. Said he got some sweet offers to trade for snowmobiles and push mowers! Snowmobiles aren't much good for lower MI. The trike is actually nicer than it seems, that frame was absolutely perfect. Oh and I officially dub it 'Boomerang'-good name. It's great to have it back, especially now that I've got 10 acres to ride it on. The wheelie thread has inspired me to practice my wheelies and I've got the perfect field to do so in. Hopefully I'll get good and can post a video soon. Thanks for the lead Doug.

dougspcs
08-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Lol, he was pushing it pretty hard. I'm really surprised it lasted as long as it did-noone even came out to look at it. Said he got some sweet offers to trade for snowmobiles and push mowers! Snowmobiles aren't much good for lower MI. The trike is actually nicer than it seems, that frame was absolutely perfect. Oh and I officially dub it 'Boomerang'-good name. It's great to have it back, especially now that I've got 10 acres to ride it on. The wheelie thread has inspired me to practice my wheelies and I've got the perfect field to do so in. Hopefully I'll get good and can post a video soon. Thanks for the lead Doug.

Anytime..give your wife an extra kiss too. Without her being in your corner it would have disappeared forever..

She's as much the reason it's in your garage..I understand this as well as the next guy. Some call us whipped, some just agree with us.

Though at this point I don't think my wife knows or cares about half of what goes on in my shop..it's all good!

atc007
08-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Well,in that case! Start with your knee on the seat,,that will find your balance and safely. Then, try sitting,and ALWAYS have your foot on the rear brake,a simple tap returns the front to Earth instantly. You'll get the hang in no time. Very fun! Great to see it back home!

dougspcs
08-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Might start wheelie 101 myself..since I now ride a 350x and want to keep up with the kids.

Be good to get my old school show-off on so they don't completely show me up.

Never considered it an essential skill. At 45 never too old to learn!!