PDA

View Full Version : Who has bought a trike off ebay?

toyota200x
11-26-2003, 11:20 PM
I have been wondering for a while about how many people actually buy trikes off of ebay. I would like to do it if I found a good deal. Has anyone bought one without riding it or seeing it in person? Let me know, thanks.

3tigers
11-26-2003, 11:31 PM
i have bought five 3 wheelers and 1 quad off ebay.2 were running trikes and the other 3 were not.i picked up two trikes and a quad myself from out of state and had the other 2 shipped to me.you have to know what your getting into before you make your purchase so you dont get screwed.if your going to pick up the trike you could always back out of the deal when you get to where it is and the thing is a piece of crap.thats what i would do.as far as shipping goes,your taking your chances with the seller because nothing is a guarantee with all the ebay scammers.

twgranger
11-26-2003, 11:34 PM
I bought one from ebay. The guy said it only needed swing arm bushings but when i got there it was trashed. I drove 4 hours so i wasn't leaving with out it so i maid him lower the price since he lied about the condition.

Howdy
11-27-2003, 01:01 AM
I bought a trailer load of stuff off Ebay. There was 3-4 maybe 5 machines. I had a long drive to go get them. Thankfully we found a room at the Swinehart Motel. Good rates and food also. lmao
Thanks: Kimmer ( for the Trikes ), Thanks John ( for the hospitality ). Swell Guys there!! ;) ;)

Howdy

350x'inNY
11-27-2003, 01:47 AM
I bought a 350X off ebay.... I got a pretty good deal, but it's hard to see the 'little' things from the pics. Like cracked fenders, aftermarket mix/matched bolts, holes in seats, fuel leaking from carb, etc. I suggest you ask a lot of questions BEFORE you bid and only buy things that you can drive to to pick up so if worse comes to worse, you can dicker with the seller if it's not what you thought.

Bruce

350XXX
11-27-2003, 01:53 AM
i just bought my 350x on ebay, with no motor. the trike was in excellent shape. bought a motor locally. just watch what your buying and be sure to ask all questions up front. mine was shipped from Boise, ID to southern IN.

Aaron2003
11-27-2003, 03:21 AM
i just got one off ebay yesterday but i went and drove it the paid for it

mad_max
11-27-2003, 03:24 AM
I've bought 2 trikes off ebay, both were pretty much as described but the 70 smoked a little more than I thought it would and the 250SX had timing chain noise. Again, its a perception thing, what looks like nothing to one person might look like a big deal to somebody else.... ask lots of questions.

Dynofox
11-27-2003, 11:57 AM
I bought my tri z off ebay and was somewhat stung on the deal. I asked a ton of questions about everything, motor, bearings, suspension, brakes.. ect. When I opened the crate I found the front and rear wheel bearing to be shot, fork seals shot, rear shock leaking (that really pissed me off), rear brake disk was garbage due to someone using the brakes for a long period of time when the pads where shot, and plastic was all painted black, even the seat was painted red, the motor did run good though. When I was finished it came out looking great, I just had more money that expected into it. Would I buy off there again? If I found the right deal yes, but i'd really like to be able to look at it first though.

trizee250
11-27-2003, 12:33 PM
yep......bought an 86 tri-z.missing it's rear axle/hubs/disk, but otherwise all there, just needs rebuilding....it was usable if i had an axle to slot in but searched the www and found a new durablue axle...onwards goes the search for a pair of hubs and disk..............LONG LIVE E-BAY...HOORAH HOORAH HOORAH :rolleyes: HERE IT WAS AS BOUGHT.....CANT WAIT TILL IT'S FINNISHED.......YING YING YING.....TO DATE IT'S COST ME AROUND £750 BUT IT'S JUST A PILE OF BITS AT THE MOMENT BUT WHO CARES IT'S ONLY MONEY...........................

86250RZ
11-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Well I got one heck of a deal on my 86R. It was better than described.

JasonB
11-27-2003, 06:03 PM
I bought my SX on ebay and got ripped off. payed 500$. since it was dark when i got done drinving the 4 hours away i couldn't really tell what shape it was , but when I got it home i found out the trike was really only worth 200-300 $. should have backed out but since i have spent 1400$ in the past month to buy the trike and for the parts i am just going to sell it as a whole for about 1000$. @#%* ebay. I use it EVERY day , but evil people do too!! watch out

jdparsons1
11-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Bought my 200x off ebay and I love it, the person was very helpful and honest. Also bought both of my kids Z50 minibikes and an atc 70 off ebay.

Psyonyde
11-27-2003, 10:01 PM
What are some things I would have to do to get a trike shipped from the U.S to Canada? Anyone know the price range of something like that?