PDA

View Full Version : Talk about front tire troubles ,,,

jeswinehart
08-02-2012, 10:54 PM
I bought a pair of Kendra front Max 22x11x10 tires about 2 and a half years ago because they matched the rear tire of a build I was working on during the winter. Liked the looks of them enough that I decided i would buy a pair of them. I simply like the FAT arse tire on 84/'85 T-3.
They came and one was wadded up inside the other,,,, most likely to save shipping size (?),, I ended up using the company crane truck to separate by placing down rigger on one and using the 6 ton crane hook on the inner tire to separate.
Used the outside tire on the white Tecate build and stashed the other.

Getting back to current time: Located the "inner tire" for my black build, only to find it is so deformed to be deemed unusable but gave it a go anyway.
All I can think of is the151823151824151825151826151827 operator pulling tires that day had some machine to wad one into another and done so right after pulling from mold or in other words,,, before the rubber tires had a chance to full cure
yeah, I know a little bit about that "full" cure with rubber + plastics
I do like that front tire enough to buy another and take the 2nd. inner " up the tail pipe" so just a word of caution that if any of you folks may purchase a set of rears or fronts and if they appear to be like Siamese twins, married together or simply rolled one into the other, check the inner over very very close.
john

Popeye
08-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I've gotten some that came in looking funny, but they always straightened up after mounting. That thing you got was seriously messed up.

just ben
08-02-2012, 11:43 PM
just for s+g's air the hell out of the tire and ride it or let it sit in the sun for a day or two. I really don't think that they could have been stuffed in side one another from the mfg.that was done by the seller(to you) for shipping just like you said. thanks for the sneak peek of the bike,it's looking great!

threewheelin-feelin
08-02-2012, 11:51 PM
just for s+g's air the hell out of the tire and ride it or let it sit in the sun for a day or two. I really don't think that they could have been stuffed in side one another from the mfg.that was done by the seller(to you) for shipping just like you said. thanks for the sneak peek of the bike,it's looking great!

i agree i mean i have has some very messed tires that after air and riding worked out nice

nd4speed
08-03-2012, 12:59 AM
When I bought one of those, it came like that, and it never really returned to its intended shape. Didnt have it long enough to find out. I sold it with no guarantee, and don't remember of hearing back from the buyer if it ever got better.

Somebody does it to ship them, and I cringe when I walk in a bike shop and see them still folded or bound up and sitting on a shelf.

I would try baking it in the sun (or next to fire) with lots of pressure.

yamaha driver
08-03-2012, 01:53 AM
I would try baking it in the sun (or next to fire) with lots of pressure.

Or in a fire if you are really angry one day...

Maico
08-03-2012, 05:29 AM
John....Been there...done that. My only recourse was to overinflate the tire until it rounded out. Be careful....I had nearly 45PSI in it it until it took proper shape. Once it did...I left it that way for a few months...(yeah...I gotta LOT of projects spread out)...and all was good after that.

jeswinehart
08-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Yep, I tried the over inflate tip already, it probably has 35 lbs. in it right now and has for a month. Heck, had to put a 25 dollar inner tube in it just to get the side walls close to the rim edge. Spraying either + igniting trick, straps,,,,, colorful words,,, did not.
It is just screwed IMO + going in the trash today.

pipeline triker
08-03-2012, 09:23 AM
i have had this also, I put a tube in the tire no rim and inflated it pretty hard, left it on the shelf like that for a good year. seemed to be fine after that. I have a set of sand paddles that came stuffed like that also.

Blown 331
08-03-2012, 09:23 AM
I bought some deformed ATC70 tires off ebay as well. I don't have a problem with them but they came a lot closer to original shape than yours. I still wouldn't throw it away though. I figure if it was stuck deformed for a year then maybe it will take a year to go back to its original shape? lol.
Here's mine. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/146011-Anyone-buy-those-cheap-Aero-Trak-tires-from-ebay-for-an-ATC70