PDA

View Full Version : 250r carb problems

200xman123
07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
hey guys my 84 250r i rode yesterday and it ran fine but then alll of the sudden it sputtered out. and sounded like it has carb problems because it bogged out. i thought it fouled the plug because it was smoking alot but i let it set for the night and i cleaned the carb which was spotless and it fired back up! it ran for about 10 mins before it boggeed out again but i noticed the air adjustment screw was it all the way and when you back it out at all it dies and seems like its running rich i havent pulled the plug yet but i will it 10 minutes any ideas? its got a 125 main jet thanks please help

200xman123
07-30-2012, 06:00 PM
just checked the plug and it has a dark tan clean burn im so confuse head gasket? maybe but i dont know because it has amazing compression ... when in neutral befor it dies the idle climbs

manbearpig
07-30-2012, 06:15 PM
when in neutral befor it dies the idle climbs

FUEL FLOW ISSUE

clogged filter in your tank, clogged petcock, clogged fuel line, clogged inline filter

change fuel line, inline filter, blow backwards through the line into the tank

yamaha driver
07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
when the idle climbs like that then the engine is starting to run leaner. which means its running out of gas. make sure gas comes out of the petcock easily.

200xman123
07-30-2012, 06:42 PM
i have a filter in the line that you can clean and that was clogged i unclogged it and it runs but very boggy im getttin great fuel flow now but it wont idle now and the air adjustment screw does very little (in the ten minuted i rode it and was triend to do some tuning before my dad told me it was to late because its to loud and i had to shut it down ) carb rebuild kit ordered and on the way

200xman123
07-30-2012, 06:51 PM
i hope that the carb kit will reslove it ....i cant wait to see what power it really has when i get the new kit!